lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2019, 09:15 AM   #11
cshores4
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1996 club car ds mcor removal

Brand new batteries, voltage is good. Does a good cleaning ever help? This thing was full of mud when I opened it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cshores4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2019, 09:32 AM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I don't think it can hurt to try. Just disconnect the batteries so there's no voltage going to it, give it a good cleaning. make sure it's completely dried before hooking power back up to it. Water doesn't necessarily hurt most electronics, it's usually when water meets electricity that things go bad.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:53 AM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

You can try to clean it. As mentioned above, it's definitely not going to hurt to clean it, but I think a Pre-MCOR to MCOR4 conversion kit is in your future.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:43 AM   #14
ATLSpyder
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I hope this is not too late to help Cshore. We have a 2006 electric Precedent that over last few months began not going when the "gas" pedal was pressed. After several press and release it would start to go and run fine, but problem was becoming more frequent. Possible MCOR was suggested but was told they don't make the MCOR it has OEM which I'm almost certain is a MCOR 2. Where the shaft inserts into the rectangular shaped plastic thing also called a potieneometer (?sp) there are two flat sides. I think MCOR1 has seven gear like projections. While Club Car no longer makes MCOR2 they are widely available even on Amazon for around $50.
To install 1) tow/run to tow 2) remove 4 #40 Torx screws that hold mat 3) remove mat 4) remove triangular plastic floor piece held with plastic plug pop out 5) remove four screws right side #40 x 2, left side #25 x 2, remove two electrical plugs to MCOR. 6) remove two sheet metal type screws that hold actual MCOR in place nutdriver works much better than screwdriver. Reverse these steps after replacing MCOR. Fixed ours perfectly. I actually bought a backup MCOR2.
ATLSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #15
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Cshore does not have an MCOR.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:07 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSpyder View Post
While Club Car no longer makes MCOR2 they are widely available even on Amazon for around $50.
For DS applications, the MCOR1 has been discontinued and replaced with the AM293201 MCOR4 conversion kit. For your Precedent application however, Club Car still makes the MCOR2. Part number 102528501. The $50 dollar unit you bought on Amazon is a Chinese clone. It's probably a good thing you bought a spare. I attempted to sell those things a while back locally. I bought 10 of them and almost all of them came back to bite me in the rear so they are no longer found in my store. The OEM unit is far more reliable.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:04 AM   #17
ATLSpyder
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

wrong thread

Last edited by ATLSpyder; 03-11-2019 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: wrong thread
ATLSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car