lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2019, 10:32 AM   #31
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Cart new to me, new set of batteries full charge barely moves

I think that's your main solenoid - in the lower right hand side of your picture you can see a "wire-wound" resistor. The dynamic braking solenoid is directly connected to that wound resistor. If you connect the big posts across that dynamic braking solenoid (eg. short-it-out) and the cart speed returns, then you have a failed solenoid and it can be replaced. Bypassing that solenoid is really only good for testing, because the motor braking will then be pretty aggressive when you lift your foot from the accelerator pedal. That coil "softens" the degree to which the motor brakes.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2019, 12:33 PM   #32
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And if you do have to leave it bypassed, you just unplug the speed sensor at the back of the motor and that disables it and prevents the motor braking joesam is referring too.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:23 PM   #33
rickstwowheels
Not Yet Wild

So we did the test you suggested a couple of days ago.
Two white wires attached to each other I am getting 48V across A1/A2 as petal pressed to full open. This is with 50V on batteries. Checked potentiometer linkage. Looks okay. Only confusing thing is my fluke shows negative voltage. Shows positive on batteries. Must be my fluke. Display has been messed up for 5 years or so. Didn’t quite make 40 yrs. Would you replace the dynamic braking solenoid or leave it bypassed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
And if you do have to leave it bypassed, you just unplug the speed sensor at the back of the motor and that disables it and prevents the motor braking joesam is referring too.
rickstwowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:31 PM   #34
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If you use it or need it (roll away safety), you replace it. If you never have it parked on hills and don't need the roll away, you bypass it and unhook the speed sensor from the motor. And if you just swapped your meter leads around on A1/A2 it should have changed the read out.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:33 PM   #35
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did bypassing the DB Solenoid solve the problem? If so, I would just disconnect the speed sensor wires and roll on!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #36
rickstwowheels
Not Yet Wild

Well guys, we had it running with all of the help we got here... but.. Dad was doing some testing and said he let two wires touch and melted a bunch of the small wiring. I am going down this weekend to assess the damage. I can't imagine that this can be fixed.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:13 PM   #37
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That does sound like it may have damaged the wiring harness and thus probably the controller. If it is beyond repair, do not think it is scrap or no good. That cart can be upgraded with a IQ harness, Run/Tow, MCOR and an Alltrax controller. Unfortunately the parts for a Regen 1 have not been made for many years, but the frame, motor, suspension, etc. are still the same as other DS's so if this upgrade is required, you can bring it into the new millennium fairly easily.

Call David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars 706-431-3917 as he has all of these and the technical assistance to help you make informed decisions....
Old 03-15-2019, 05:26 PM   #38
rickstwowheels
Not Yet Wild

Thanks NoleFan, I'll give him a call next week.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car