lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2019, 03:26 PM   #1
Crowe3
Not Yet Wild

Default Torque vs 20s to 23s

After all the upgrades I recently completed I can see that my front spindles are bent.

With cost as a factor...(always lol)
Should I replace the spindles?
Upgrade to a lift? Independent suspension lift?
Is torque a large factor here?
What size tire should I go to as this is a street only cart?

Little background:
2004 Precedent with XCT400/New Cables/12x4 Trojans/FSIP Speed Motor
Crowe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2019, 07:27 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Torque vs 20s to 23s

I would personally not put any money in OEM replacement for spindles. I would buy an upgraded kit. Something like and All Sports Double A-Arm or Super Sport kit. Torque is not to big with a speed motor, but the larger controller can push it up with amperage. Tire size would be dependent upon the height you decide to lift it. https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/lift-kits and talk to David for help and guidance on meeting your needs.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:40 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe3 View Post
After all the upgrades I recently completed I can see that my front spindles are bent.

With cost as a factor...(always lol)
Should I replace the spindles?
Upgrade to a lift? Independent suspension lift?
Is torque a large factor here?
What size tire should I go to as this is a street only cart?

Little background:
2004 Precedent with XCT400/New Cables/12x4 Trojans/FSIP Speed Motor

Here's an answer to your questions (not sponsor spam)

If cost is a factor replacement spindles to repair may be the least expensive option unless OEM parts are high when compared to a cheap lift... then again do you really want a cheap lift.
Jakes Lift Kits .com has a wide selection.
Torque forces effect only the rear axles, not the front, unless you are landing hard from lots of wheelies... or jumping the cart. I don't know how else to bend front axles.

I'm sure whoever you bought your upgrades and motor from asked what size tires you ran and how you used your cart, or at least I hope they did, and everything in your signature is geared toward the tires you said you would run. If the cart is set up for small tires and you now decide to put on big tires that will change the gear ratio significantly. Significant changes can require reevaluation of the drive components.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:10 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And be sure to talk to a reputable supplier. You want to utilize someone that will have you service after the sale and not just collect your money and then direct you to a website or group of others that solves your problem when they would not. I would never stoop as low as to name one, but unfortunately it does happen and they do get called out by the individuals.....

That is why I referenced you to Revolution Golf Cars - David Hicks (TahoeDawgZ71) as he is one of our resident CC Guru's and the best part of his business is he wants to help you meet your needs whether you purchase from him or someone else. Bottom line with him is to help you get what you need, not what he can sell you. And you do not have to fear that once you buy something from him, you will have an issue contacting him afterwards. You just pick the phone up and call him. He was just this weekend offering from his home to help another member who purchased a large $'s worth of parts from another supplier, but when he was needing help and contacted that supplier, the supplier told him to come here and seek the answers. And yes, we all helped, as we will you anytime you need it.

Read, ask questions, and seek knowledge, but above all, do not take the cheap way out as more often then not with carting, the cheap way brings less than expected results and no one wants to be out there stuck alone with a cheap part or cheap customer service....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:17 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Corey,

I highly recommend the All-Sports lift kit like NoleFan4ever mentioned above. They're made in the USA (Pensacola, Florida) and are the ONLY lift kit manufacturer who got safety approval from Club Car to be used on their new vehicles. With your situation, I wouldn't be too concerned with torque at all. The package that I sold you is going to offer you plenty of torque for what you're doing with your cart. Especially in the flat lands of Florida where you live. We use this package on plenty of our lifted carts here in Georgia and people love them. It's far more hilly here. The tire size you choose is completely personal preference. Whatever you like will work just fine. Call or text me tomorrow if you want to ask any more questions about the lift kit. Thanks again for your business.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:22 AM   #6
Crowe3
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Corey,

I highly recommend the All-Sports lift kit like NoleFan4ever mentioned above. They're made in the USA (Pensacola, Florida) and are the ONLY lift kit manufacturer who got safety approval from Club Car to be used on their new vehicles. With your situation, I wouldn't be too concerned with torque at all. The package that I sold you is going to offer you plenty of torque for what you're doing with your cart. Especially in the flat lands of Florida where you live. We use this package on plenty of our lifted carts here in Georgia and people love them. It's far more hilly here. The tire size you choose is completely personal preference. Whatever you like will work just fine. Call or text me tomorrow if you want to ask any more questions about the lift kit. Thanks again for your business.
As always David you have been stellar. I will definitely get with you in the next day or two. Does all sports make an independent suspension for the front or is that just plain overkill. I have kids on this cart on the regular and having that adequate suspension is definitely necessary. Thanks again!
Crowe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:52 AM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe3 View Post
As always David you have been stellar. I will definitely get with you in the next day or two. Does all sports make an independent suspension for the front or is that just plain overkill. I have kids on this cart on the regular and having that adequate suspension is definitely necessary. Thanks again!
They make a long travel lift kit that gives you a full independent front suspension. The double A-Arm is sort of somewhat independent. It has independent control arms, but they're linked together by a single spring. 99% of users go with the double a-arm kit and are extremely pleased with the results.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car