lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2019, 06:29 AM   #1
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Default Question about bypassing OBC

I just read thru all 24 pages of the OBC bypass sticky and now I'm very confused. It says connect white wire to blue wire, connect 10 gauge black from charging receptacle to the pack negative. Then also mentions a yellow wire and something about a grey wire. I'm lost. Then I found this video on YouTube that simply shows moving one black wire to the back negative terminal. The cart in the video is the same year as mine, a 2010. Is this all I have to do? Here is a link to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAulAzQR5Lg
beachcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2019, 08:58 AM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Question about bypassing OBC

Depends on what your trying to accomplish. In my case all I've done is move the black wire as shown in the video as I'm using a DPI charger that does not utilize the OBC for charge control. Thus you may need to do the remaining portion of the bypass depending on your circumstances, wants and/or needs. The black wire bypass is just provides a direct connection between the charge port and batteries for charging the batteries.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:23 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You also have to connect the Blue and White wires on a Precedent in order to by-pass the OBC Controller lockout circuit.

The best way to by-pass the OBC charge control is to cut the 2 x 12ga black wires flush with the OBC and use a butt connector or closed end cap to splice them together.

That video should not have been called "OBC by-pass" since it provides an incomplete procedure.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:42 PM   #4
spatram678
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi, I'm also working on this bypass. Are you referring to connecting the 2 black wires circled in my picture? One connects the charging receptacle to the OBC, and the other connects the OBC to the controller.

Also, I have the blue and white on the harness jumpered, and left the harness unplugged.
I have read posts where some are putting an inline fuse between the white and blue wires. Should I be concerned enough to run a fuse there?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1936.jpg (198.2 KB, 0 views)
spatram678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:23 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatram678 View Post
Hi, I'm also working on this bypass. Are you referring to connecting the 2 black wires circled in my picture? One connects the charging receptacle to the OBC, and the other connects the OBC to the controller.

Also, I have the blue and white on the harness jumpered, and left the harness unplugged.
I have read posts where some are putting an inline fuse between the white and blue wires. Should I be concerned enough to run a fuse there?

Thanks in advance!
Hello spatram. Welcome to BGW. Start a new thread in the Club Car Electric section stating what cart you have, year, model etc. That way people can help you.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:34 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatram678 View Post
Hi, I'm also working on this bypass. Are you referring to connecting the 2 black wires circled in my picture? One connects the charging receptacle to the OBC, and the other connects the OBC to the controller. That is correct

I have read posts where some are putting an inline fuse between the white and blue wires. Should I be concerned enough to run a fuse there? I never have....

Thanks in advance!
Above
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:18 AM   #7
spatram678
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Excellent, thank you!
New to forum, will be sure to start new threads next time.
spatram678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car