lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2019, 05:14 PM   #1
Temple2426
Not Yet Wild

Default Txt 36v nativas controller, solenoid clicks but does not move.

1997 ez-go txt 36v pds cart. I replaced factory controller with a Nativas controler 440amps I put a new 36v continuous duty solenoid. It’s a White Rodgers. Also put six brand new batteries in cart.
When I mash the foot pedal the solenoid clicks real fast and the light on the controler blinks in sync with it. Cart does not move. Any tips on were to start.
Thank you!
Temple2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2019, 05:21 PM   #2
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Re: Txt 36v nativas controller, solenoid clicks but does not move.

Is it a series cart or PDS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:30 PM   #3
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Double check the contact of your Molex connectors from your cart to the Navitas wire harness. They may have wiggled off slightly. That Molex connectors from your cart's original wiring harness aren't the greatest. In fact, I would make sure all the Molex connectors are making contact with the Navitas wire harness.

Also, if you didn't lock down your wire harness to the Navitas controller it may have wiggled up. When you push the wire harness into the controller you need to do it all the way and then pull up the red tab.

I had to clean my old original Molexes in my recent install of my TSX3.0 600amp. They were not in the best of shape and not making good contact. You can take apart a Molex connector. There are bunch of videos on Youtube on how to take apart and service a Molex connector.

Here is the wiring guide for your harness:

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/61f1c...6410372735.pdf

You can also download the bluetooth app and connect to your controller. It should report what is happening to you. The screen has a lot of data on it. But, it should show you instantaneously the results of what is happening (or not) when you press the throttle down.

You can always contact Navitas and they may be able to help you out. They are super quick with email.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:32 PM   #4
Temple2426
Not Yet Wild

1997 ez-go txt 36v PDS cart. It does have the run/tow switch.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:34 PM   #5
twilliams81
Gone Wild

I had the same issue on a series cart and turned out to be the harness adapter was bad straight out of the box. Contact Navitas (excellent support) and they can help you pin point where your problem lies

Old 04-27-2019, 05:38 PM   #6
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilliams81 View Post
I had the same issue on a series cart and turned out to be the harness adapter was bad straight out of the box. Contact Navitas (excellent support) and they can help you pinpoint where your problem lies

Make sure you have sewing needles and a voltmeter handy when you call them. ;) That is how I figured out what was broken in my old Molex. My Navitas harness was fine. My old original crispy molex was not.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:42 PM   #7
Temple2426
Not Yet Wild

I don’t believe mine will do blue tooth. Also my molex connector is a flat 10 pin connector.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:19 AM   #8
Temple2426
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help! I quit early yesterday so maybe after church today I’ll get out there and run a few test. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:04 AM   #9
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple2426 View Post
I don’t believe mine will do blue tooth. Also my molex connector is a flat 10 pin connector.

Where did you buy it from?

Old 04-28-2019, 09:00 AM   #10
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple2426 View Post
You have the wiring harness you have the flat 10 pin that is for the Curtis 1206(MX/SX) controller.

Is it this wire harness:

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/61f1c...7532f2ae1d.pdf

That is the same controller I have in my cart. The 10-pin molex adapter coming from my cart that plugged into the Navitas wire harness needed some love and attention. I had to pop a few pins out of it and change the ends on it. The cart is over 20+ years old so it was showing its age. As soon as I did that everything was fine.

Your controller should have bluetooth. You can download their app off the app store and check. Doesn't hurt. Just search Navitas in the app store. If you have bluetooth "on" you will see your controller in the list when you open the app. Just click on it and you will connect. The status screen will show you a real-time update of everything. Move the key... Shows you it is on... Press a peddle... Shows you what happens. With the various electrical measurements when you do it.

As an example: My reverse wouldn't engage and Pin 6 on my molex was shot and I had to replace it. Wasn't making contact with the Navitas wire harness. Quick run to the electrical store that sells molex stuff and it was fixed.

Cheers,
Impaled
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO