lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2019, 01:47 PM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Motor Gone Bad

Customer service is their business. Some businesses understand that. My experience here is that site sponsors go above and beyond the sale. Maybe hint that you'll be in the market for other upgrades soon. I've just heard some bad things about BU.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2019, 01:52 PM   #22
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

unfortunately this is the one item that I didn't get from Scottyb.
Dwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:25 PM   #23
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just got off of the phone with the seller and they emailed me a return shipping label.
So far so good.

I just want to make sure that it isn't something that I did wrong, and from listening to Yurtle, I don't think that I was anywhere close to the speeds that he was talking about, but the cart did go like it has never gone before.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:00 PM   #24
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

I'm glad they're giving you a return label and hopefully they'll replace the motor under warranty.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:05 AM   #25
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hopefully they will make it up, but more than that I really want to know why it happened, I know there are differences of opinions here on this thread.

When I ride again I am going to learn how to log the trip in my laptop so that we will have the data to look at, so we can see exactly what is going on.

Should I limit the amps with the SR 48500 when I get another new motor or do you just run the default settings? I do have the user switch and everything is turned up on that setting with the stock motor back in it.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2019, 07:13 AM   #26
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Limiting amps won't limit top speed = RPMs. If RPMs took your out, the only way to limit that is use a smart phone GPS speedo app. If someone has a recommended max RPM, you can use this spreadsheet and find out what speed = max PRMs based on tire size. Larger diameter tires will lower max RPM.

EDIT:

Members, what does "Turbo" do on an SR48500?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tire height and Gear ratio.zip (13.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-24-2019, 07:40 AM   #27
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you, I downloaded your chart yesterday and it is very interesting and will be very useful.
I based my build after what I saw that you had and you say that your cart can hit the mid 30's with rpm at 8411, what is the recommended max limit on this motor? specs say High Speed 36 or 48 volt operation 36-volt (6.1-hp@5330 rpm) so you are certainly exceeding that.

I measured the distance that my cart rolls on the concrete after 10 rotations of the tire it was 46 foot. so i multiplied that x 12 for inches and got 552 then divided by 10 for 1 rotation of the tire to get 55.2 then divided by 3.14 to get 17.58 for the tire circumference. So my tires are actually a little larger than you's so my rpm would be less than yours.

Did I figure that correctly?
Old 05-24-2019, 07:50 AM   #28
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls View Post
Thank you, I downloaded your chart yesterday and it is very interesting and will be very useful.
I based my build after what I saw that you had and you say that your cart can hit the mid 30's with rpm at 8411, what is the recommended max limit on this motor? specs say High Speed 36 or 48 volt operation 36-volt (6.1-hp@5330 rpm) so you are certainly exceeding that.

I measured the distance that my cart rolls on the concrete after 10 rotations of the tire it was 46 foot. so i multiplied that x 12 for inches and got 552 then divided by 10 for 1 rotation of the tire to get 55.2 then divided by 3.14 to get 17.58 for the tire circumference. So my tires are actually a little larger than you's so my rpm would be less than yours.

Did I figure that correctly?
JohnnyB's spreadsheet. When motor manufacturers give you a Hp rating, they often pick a max number, and tell you the RPM for that number. You are using the best way to calculate the tire's diameter, as top to center, bottom to center, and side to center are three different radii. The spreadsheet assumes a tire diameter, and it's not necessarily the same as my stock tires. You mean diameter. I didn't check your math but 2πr=C.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:01 AM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think it is a lot easier to use the speed calculator on the site:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/speed-calculator.php
Just enter the information and see what the rpm vs speed is for your cart.

I am a Club Car guy so verify this data:
Gear Ratio = 12.44
Tire diameter (stock) 17.5
rpm = 6,000
That will give You 25mph.

Do You have any idea how fast You were going down hill?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:02 AM   #30
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You are correct sir, the 55.2 was actually the circumference then I divided that by the 3.14 to get the diameter to put into JohnnieB spreadsheet.

Thank you for the correction.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO