lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2019, 03:15 PM   #1
Lampworker
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax XCT500 and FSIP motor install issues

Hi guys!

Recently purchased a 2003 DS IQ drive. The motor was toast per the original owner so I decided to do the controller and motor at the same time. Purchased the XCT500 and the FSIP speed motor along with the 2g wire set and 400 amp solenoid as well.

I spent most of last week researching here and made sure I had a good idea of what to expect for the install. Last night I started installing everything and have some drama going on. I was nervous about this so I took my time and double and triple checked everything and used the forums to make sure I had everything set up correctly.

Once I was confident I had everything put together right I turned the cart on and the F/R was backwards. No big deal I read in the instructions and the forums about how to deal with that. So I swapped F1 and F2 wires at the controller and I was off. Drove the cart through my neighborhood for about 10 min and I was pumped! Seemed to run great but was a little slower than I expected, I thought maybe that was a programming issue.

Pulled the cart up my driveway into my garage so I could grab my phone and get a gps speed reading. Put the cart into reverse, there was no reverse horn btw, and then when I put it back into forward the cart lurched for a second then I heard a small pop and could see and smell smoke coming from the controller/motor area. Immediately I put the cart into tow and disconnected the batteries.

Any thoughts? Should I call Alltrax? Hoping I didnt just lose my controller as it will most likely ground my carting dreams for a while. This was a huge purchase for me.

Thanks for your time guys!
Lampworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2019, 03:50 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax XCT500 and FSIP motor install issues

As far as speed being slow, make sure You selected 4 poles in the alltrax settings for that speed motor.

Have you being able to identify what part burnt?

Check the Solenoid and Regen diode on top of the big posts.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 03:58 PM   #3
Lampworker
Not Yet Wild

I was under the impression that the controller would be pre-programmed from Scotty specifically for my cart. Was I wrong about that? I dont have access to a laptop right now and figured I would get into programming once I can get a new laptop. I will do some digging and see if I can pinpoint the burnt part. Thanks Sergio Ive been seeing your name pop up a lot in these threads, I appreciate your help.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:32 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you buy a motor and controller at the same time I program the controller for the motor and write that on the bottom of the controller so you can verify it.
The correct field map automatically sets the correct magnet count.
As I said in the email did the diode pop on the solenoid? I'm waiting for the pictures I requested in my email reply earlier.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:39 PM   #5
Lampworker
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scotty! I will be home in about 30 min and will send over the pics asap.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:33 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

And see if either of the diodes are burnt or popped into 2 pieces.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car