lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2019, 10:16 AM   #1
fueler
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2010 CCP reducer instal

Finally able to resume repairs on my purchase of a 2010 CCP 48V system. My first problem upon purchasing my car has been solved, thanks to the response of knowledgeable tech’s. Moving on to the next problem a lot of questions have been answered as to needing a reducer for the 48 V system reduced to 12 V system for the pre-installed light kit. Halogen front lamps, LED rear tail lamps. After purchasing the reducer and installing it going on the way the plug set up is in the wiring harness I cannot get the voltage reduced to 12 V at the lights, system is still supplying 16 V. I installed the reducer (volt-0011) for the Pre-installed light kit that came with a bucket harness and headlamp harness. Wired the system as instructed, taking mine that the light switch had been previously installed and I’m not sure if it is wired correctly. I still have 16 V at the headlamp and not reduced to 12 V. Wired to supply ground at B controller, black wire yellow female bullet connector and blue positive at battery five. Upon checking the voltage with my voltmeter indicates 16 V. I now have 16 V to the light switch coming in and going out, and 16 V at the headlamps With them on. Why is the voltage not reducing to 12 V? I am including a photo that I took of the wiring harness that was pre-installed. Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3BDCA97E-2ED2-4156-9087-E4B7629E5C7E.jpg (90.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg A66EDB4C-90D8-4C7E-9BF3-6FE4D59AD63F.jpg (134.3 KB, 0 views)
fueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2019, 11:06 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 CCP reducer instal

The Volt-0011 is a 16v->12v reducer not a 48v->12v reducer.

You cannot use the pack negative as a reference for that reducer, Your meter negative probe needs to be connected to the output of that reducer or directly on the negative pin on the headlight connector.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:22 AM   #3
fueler
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Over my Head Sergio. Do you perhaps have a drawing for the situation? Thank you
Old 10-31-2019, 11:18 AM   #4
fueler
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Problem solved
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car