lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2019, 12:00 AM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: New Batteries = No Power (anywhere)

What charger were you using in post #1?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2019, 09:34 AM   #12
DSSA0812
Not Yet Wild

I checked back to thank Sergio for his help and to let him know that the cart seems to be functioning correctly no that things have been put back as originally designed.

I did install a voltage converter for his accessories and he picked up yesterday afternoon, used last evening and this morning reports that after taking it off the charger, she powered up right away.

I take it from the comments that I shouldn't have put her on blocks and let it run.

A lesson learned both for me, don't do that and perhaps my friend; don't take you golf cart to a race shop, they put everything on a dyno and try to blow it up.

This experience has reinforced why we have a 'perfectly good' electric cart sitting in the corner. When it started acting up, we bought a gas version of the same model and swapped the body, upholstery, etc. After this, I'm pretty sure that was an easier effort than trying to diagnosis the electric one.
DSSA0812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:41 AM   #13
DSSA0812
Not Yet Wild

TO Mooncarter

When he bought it (i.e. OBC bypassed) he said it came with a different charger. A Thunderbolt (??) he thought, but remembered it had the image of a bull on the front panel.

It has since died and he had bought a used Club Car Powerdrive (?)

I think the problem was that the OBC had not been correctly bypassed and wasn't necessary anyway after changing chargers, because the OBC seems to be working.

Why the thing worked for years that way before we changed batteries, but didn't afterwards, I HAVE NO IDEA
DSSA0812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car