lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2019, 05:34 PM   #1
Garyjr25
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2004 CC DS slows quickly..

Looking for advice on why my 2004 CC DS 48v slows so quickly after take off? A little history and back story is according to the dealer where I bought the cart, the Trojan batteries were installed in the spring of 2018. All 6 batteries measure between 8.4v to 8.6v fully charged. I recently installed a speed magnet which I bought from Revolution Golf Carts. Now for my problem. I just went for a ride around the neighborhood on a full charge, and out of the gate it ran 20-21mph on relatively flat concrete. I ran it pedal down wide open for a little over 6 minutes. After 6 minutes of wide open throttle, the cart started slowing and by the time I got back home (12 minute ride in total) it was down to 14mph. When I parked it the overall voltage was still 50.4v. I touched the motor and it felt warm but not at all hot, and I had 1 battery cable that was a little warm as well, but not overly hot.
Any thoughts or ideas on what could be causing it to slow down so soon like this?

Thanks
Jr
Garyjr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2019, 06:50 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 CC DS slows quickly..

Which drive system Series or IQ?
Stock motor? Stock tires?
12 minutes WOT ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:04 PM   #3
Garyjr25
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2004 CC DS slows quickly..

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Which drive system Series or IQ?
Stock motor? Stock tires?
12 minutes WOT ?
Scotty,
It's an IQ, stock motor, stock tires and probably 8 to 9 of the 12 minutes was at wide open throttle.
Garyjr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car