lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2019, 03:23 PM   #21
Flossnscott
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 48v precedent does nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Sorry about my double posts above. I got a "database" error then that happened.

No worries... I was wondering what happen cuz my post had three of the same lol. Cool thank you. I’m going to run with that then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flossnscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2020, 11:27 AM   #22
Flossnscott
Not Yet Wild

So I did the bypass on the obc harness. Took the computer side harness pulled the pins and soldered the blue and white together. Plugged it back in and the cart does work now! Found the stickies walk through on it. Maybe I have just read too much and mixed up as far as, should I still pull that black wire from the back and run it up to the pack main ground? I am ordering that mods smart charger. Thanks again for all the tech support you guys have helped me with on this too!!

Old 01-01-2020, 03:37 PM   #23
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

The obc has 2 functions...It locks the cart out when you plug it in which you bypassed..The second function of the obc is to control the charging of the cart...If you are going to use your stock charger until you get the Modz you don't have to run the black wire to pack neg unless it is not charging ..When you get the new charger you can do it then...I have read that the Modz charger will work either way...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 06:44 PM   #24
Flossnscott
Not Yet Wild

Ok great. Thanks. Guess I’ll go ahead and do it. Mines not charging now but should have my new charger soon!

Old 01-01-2020, 08:45 PM   #25
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossnscott View Post
So I did the bypass on the obc harness. Took the computer side harness pulled the pins and soldered the blue and white together. Plugged it back in and the cart does work now! Found the stickies walk through on it. Maybe I have just read too much and mixed up as far as, should I still pull that black wire from the back and run it up to the pack main ground? I am ordering that mods smart charger. Thanks again for all the tech support you guys have helped me with on this too!!
Yes you do. The reason is that 10g black wire is running to the OBC and another leg comes out and runs to B-.

The cleanest way to do it is to cut the 10g wire at the OBC (coming from the charge receptacle) and then cut the other one that comes out the OBC and runs to B- and "Butt Splice" them together. By doing it this way, you use the existing wiring that is in place and you keep the battery compartment clean and wiring away from the acid mist.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 08:46 PM   #26
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossnscott View Post
Ok great. Thanks. Guess I’ll go ahead and do it. Mines not charging now but should have my new charger soon!
Watch that charger closely! It may have failed internally to where it will not shut off. Do not want to ruin those batteries.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:51 AM   #27
Flossnscott
Not Yet Wild

Awesome thanks for the heads up! All about keeping it clean too.

Old 01-05-2020, 01:43 PM   #28
Flossnscott
Not Yet Wild

Soooo.... when I did the bypass i had it up on stands and hit the pedal it worked fine long as I eased into it. Figured batteries were low since it hadn’t charged in a while or something. Did the permanent bypass land waited till I got my charger to use it or get it down. Today I charged it up got on it and it cuts out soon as I give it pedal. Starts to move and clicks off??

Old 01-05-2020, 03:12 PM   #29
Flossnscott
Not Yet Wild

Big voltage drop right at packs last batt and little on the next. Steady after that.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:49 AM   #30
Flossnscott
Not Yet Wild

Could this resistor on the solenoid be in backwards when I had it out to check it maybe I put it in backwards? Thought I had it right but...haven’t been home yet to look into this anymore since yesterday. Just thinkin it’s something I did possibly or it was two fails at once

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car