lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2020, 10:07 AM   #41
Flossnscott
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 48v precedent does nothing

I see. Thanks. Ya I will give it a good check tonight individually see what comes up. I guess it was coincidence that the obc failed at the same time. They are getting old I’d say. I have never replaced them and have been using it regularly for a couple years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flossnscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2020, 07:38 PM   #42
Flossnscott
Not Yet Wild

Back at it! I was able to check all the batteries individually on 20v. All had minimal drop except 2nd to last neg batt. It read 6.2 and when pedal was pressed drops down to 3ish... safe to say that battery is dead. Battery suggestions I have these now. They are all over the board in price it looks like.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:47 PM   #43
Flossnscott
Not Yet Wild

Wouldn’t you guys agree no need to check voltage any where else? That one batt doing that will cause it to shut off like that. Now that I’m reading into all this I think I was subconsciously wanting it to be the controller so I can have a reason to upgrade it all to the big amp ones! [emoji1782]

Old 01-09-2020, 08:51 PM   #44
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Well I guess it could be said that a low voltage battery can cause a controller to go bad. You may need to replace controller batteries an go with 2 ga cables just to be sure you take care of the problem.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:02 PM   #45
Flossnscott
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Well I guess it could be said that a low voltage battery can cause a controller to go bad. You may need to replace controller batteries an go with 2 ga cables just to be sure you take care of the problem.

Lol! That’s sounds like the best way to fix it right... there is so many options out there for them. Especially reading how much it helps for steep hills and rear beds.

Old 01-11-2020, 10:59 AM   #46
Flossnscott
Not Yet Wild

So it is finally driving!! [emoji482] When I figured out which battery it was I tried putting it on a 12v charger for a bit to try and get it up enough just for me to see it drive again and get it out of my head I disturbed something else while I was diagnosing and deleting the obc. Worked out so I am getting all new batteries and upgrade the cable at least for now. Something big I can grow into I’m thinking. Anyone ever jay buy a roll and terminals and make them up or there are good enough ones ready to go out there?

Old 01-12-2020, 12:04 AM   #47
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Many of us get #2 AWG welding cable, copper 5/16" lugs and shrink tube and make our own cables.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:27 AM   #48
Flossnscott
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Many of us get #2 AWG welding cable, copper 5/16" lugs and shrink tube and make our own cables.

Nice! Sounds good to me. Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car