lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2020, 02:58 PM   #1
slimjim1425
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo txt fleet

hi i was wondering if anyone can help me determine why my cart want move i have replaced solenoid and controller and tow/run switch and forward/reverse switch and all new batteries plus peddle switch and still does nothing,i tested motor as ive seen online driver side wheel will move any suggestions what i can try next
slimjim1425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2020, 09:56 AM   #2
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo txt fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim1425 View Post
hi i was wondering if anyone can help me determine why my cart want move i have replaced solenoid and controller and tow/run switch and forward/reverse switch and all new batteries plus peddle switch and still does nothing,i tested motor as ive seen online driver side wheel will move any suggestions what i can try next
with the key on, switch in forward and gently pushing the throttle with the back wheels off the ground what is the voltage to the coil on the solenoid
?
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:34 PM   #3
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Little background
Was this a perfectly running cart that suddenly stoped.
New to you cart trying to get running?
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:12 PM   #4
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Do you get a solenoid click when you push the accelerator?
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 01:28 PM   #5
slimjim1425
Not Yet Wild

Yes get clicking noise from solenoid when peddle is pushed I have replaced,controller,solenoid,peddle switch,f/r switch,new batteries,new battery cables,new charging port,new headlight switch,new tow/run switch ohmed all wires haven't found bad one yet, jacked cart up tested motor it ran one side when tested with 12 volt batterie this is a ezgo txt 48 volt cart one cart place had it 14 days couldn't find what wrong oh I also replaced speed sensor I'm so upset with this don't know what else to try
Old 05-25-2020, 02:17 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If the solenoid clicks when the pedal is pushed, the problem is in the high current circuit. (Heavy gauge cables, solenoid contacts, controller, motor and ITS throttle)

Lift both rear wheels off ground and put cart on jackstands.

Connect your DVM's negative test probe to the controller's B- terminal and the positive test lead to the controller's M- terminal.

Press pedal just far enough to make solenoid click and you should read full battery pack voltage. (50.9V when fully charged if Trojan brand or clones, 51.3 if US Battery brand)

If you don't get full battery pack voltage, there is an open or excessive resistance in one or more of the high current cables, connections or contacts.

If you get full battery pack voltage, slowly press pedal to floor and voltage should smoothly decrease to near zero volts.

If it doesn't, either the ITS throttle circuit is bad, or the controller is bad.

ITS check = B- to black wire should be 1.0V +/- 0.3V when solenoid click and 2.7V +/- 0.5V when pedal is on floor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:30 PM   #7
slimjim1425
Not Yet Wild

I just tried that had 53.0 on controller pressed peddle never dropped stayed at 53 on meter
Old 05-25-2020, 05:39 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I just tried that had 53.0 on controller pressed peddle never dropped stayed at 53 on meter
Read the next steps I posted, now highlighted in red.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:26 PM   #9
slimjim1425
Not Yet Wild

What will cause my tow/run switch on my ezgo txt to pop every time u turn it on
Old 05-26-2020, 10:18 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
What will cause my tow/run switch on my ezgo txt to pop every time u turn it on
A defective controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO