lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2020, 08:45 AM   #11
Matt01
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Cart only shudders/shakes? What could this be

50.5 at the pack and loses that half volt on the way through the the solenoid, 50v even at the B- and B+ of the controller
Matt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2020, 09:12 AM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fairtax, thanks for he insights, I'm pretty new and still learning so very much appreciated.

the 2 4G wires on the B+ post are tight but I can see how they look funny in the pic. They might be tight but it really doesn't look like they're sitting flat on each other. They need to be perfectly flat against each other, and on the contact bar of the controller.

The larger 4G wires are on the "bottom" of each connection with smaller gauge connectors stacked on top at all locations (with the exception of the diode on the solenoid that is on the bottom of those posts)

That particular wire (from back of OBC) shows to go to the B- terminal in all the wiring diagrams I saw but I figured going to that post (which goes directly to the B-) should be the same thing... is that causing a problem?
No that is fine. That should not cause an issue.
I will move the fuse based on your suggestion

thanks again,
If it is consistently not working after driving for X amount of time, take it out for a quick run and then check the solenoid for operation.
You should be able to hear and feel the solenoid click. If it does not, check the coil activation circuit first. With voltmeter leads on the small terminals you should see 0v. Press the pedal to engage the solenoid and you should get pack voltage, about 50v. If there is no change in voltage the activation circuit is not working properly. If voltage does change then test the main contactor for a poor connection.
Check voltage on the large studs to see if it's making proper contact when it closes. Test with a voltmeter on the large studs you should have about 50v across the large studs with the solenoid Off, press the pedal to engage the solenoid and you should see voltage drop to 0. If the voltage across the large studs does not change the solenoid is not making proper contact inside, and will need to be replaced.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 07:48 AM   #13
Matt01
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It is not clicking. Could this be caused by anything else like the pedal or mcor? those are the last oem pieces that have not been replaced.

right now cart will shakes when you depress the pedal, either F or R

the voltage across the small terminals is Zero with pedal up, 50 when depressed.

the voltage across the large terminals is .5 with no pedal, about 12V with pedal depressed (while the whole thing shakes like the motor is getting a bunch of pulses)
Old 04-27-2020, 08:17 AM   #14
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
the voltage across the small terminals is Zero with pedal up, 50 when depressed
This tells you the solenoid is getting voltage, and is getting command from the controller to activate (close).
The solenoid is not making contact inside. Needs to be replaced.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:14 AM   #15
Matt01
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks sir for all your help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car