lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2020, 06:22 PM   #1
denton66
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help in 2016 CC radio install STUMPED

Hello to anyone that is reading. I have looked through all the Stickys and not quite finding what I am looking for. I have a 2013 Club Car Precedent I2 Excel 48V (6x8V) golf cart, I decided to install a Boss Radio and VIP dash kit that is being offered by Crutchfield. I decided to use the complete 48volt pack to a 48v to 12v reducer. Pos/Neg coming in 48V side and Pos and Neg going out via 12V. I wired the red ACC power to a on/off switch then to the 12volt wire and the yellow power wire also connected to 12V power. It has worked as expected except for two things. The light kit no longer works and I only get 1 FM channel and no AM channels. The Receiver is a Boss Marine that has Bluetooth, Aux and USB options to stream music which all work. The light kit is a simple kit that came with factory type connections, basically a plug and play and was initially wired to #5/#6 battery at 16Vand worked fine, I then connect radio and lights to reducer and lights are inop. I checked the voltage on the headlights and they are putting out 12V and still not working though with new bulbs. As for the radio I am thinking of buying a 12V powered atenna to connect with the regular plugin marine antenna that came with the kit. Crutchfield seems a bit stumped but admit not to golf cart savvy. In help would be appreciated. My thoughts are maybe a grounding issue
denton66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2020, 07:32 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Need help in 2016 CC radio install STUMPED

First thing DO NOT ground anything to the cart frame. All grounds on electric carts are negative connections not grounds.they must be isolated from the frame.

Start there.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:12 PM   #3
denton66
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need help in 2016 CC radio install STUMPED

Appreciate that, yes I only used the ground of the reducer which is straight off the number 6 battery. As for the radio, all features work except reception. Only picks up 1 station, 88.1. Critchfield replaced the head unit and the new one the same identical problem. Blue tooth, faux and usp all work and only picks up that same channel
denton66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car