lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2020, 10:04 PM   #1
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Default Alltrax controller and Main Fuse issue.

So I put a Alltrax 300 amp controller on my 2003 DS with 6" lift and 23" tires. I upgraded ALL the wires to #4ga. as well at the time of the swap. Alltrax recommended a 250a main fuse which I installed on the negative side of the pack (They stated positive/Negative did not matter) The set up has worked great for the past couple of weeks. I have been really happy.

Last Night...... The cart died while my wife was on it. Towed it back to our camper and I did a once-over and found the Main fuse was shot. A visual of everything else looked good. No loose cables or melted wires etc.

Soooooo, What caused this? Should I be concerned? I have another fuse, but worry about burning it up again from a underlying issue. Should I maybe go up a bit on the fuse size?

BTW... My wife was climbing an incline on the cart and it had 3 people on it. It had been running for about 35 minutes at the time it burned up the fuse. Was it over worked? The type of riding she was doing was not uncommon for how we have used the cart in the past before the upgrade.

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.
anziosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2020, 11:03 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax controller and Main Fuse issue.

That is the correct fuse for that controller. Hard to say, she may have had in under a heavy load for a long period and the amperage increased as the voltage dropped and heated it all up....

The fuse did what it was supposed to, but I hope it is not another problem. If the inspection looks good, put the new fuse in. Hook your Laptop up with the tool kit and go up the hill again as you watch the Monitor screen.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 11:12 PM   #3
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Sounds Good. I will put the fuse in and run it again this coming weekend. Looks like I may need to order a few more fuses in case I run into a problem that needs further testing.
Old 06-07-2020, 11:15 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I keep a spare 250ANN and a 400ANN, but never had to replace them on my carts. Be sure to visually inspect everything first.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 11:41 PM   #5
anziosaint
Gone Wild

I will definately do another visual before installing the fuse. If it pops quickly, I know I will have to dig deeper. If that occurs, I will post the results and seek help if it beyond my abilities. Thanks for the input.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car