lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2020, 04:54 PM   #1
brpeddicord
Not Yet Wild

Default Charger suggestion

I purchased a cart from an auction without being able to view it first. All I knew is that it ran. It痴 supposedly a 36v but has 48v batteries. The cable setup seems to bypass one battery. I need some advice on this setup and how to charge it. It came with a 36v powerwise qe that doesn稚 appear to be working. Still not sure how they charged it for the auction. 06 ezgo txt 2+2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DD315465-39AF-4828-B1F4-E7781CF06118.jpg (26.3 KB, 0 views)
brpeddicord is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2020, 06:36 PM   #2
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Lightbulb Re: Charger suggestion

It looks like they made it 40 volts with the one battery in parallel with the one beside it. The controller can handle 40 volts. But your right the charger will never charge it right.

You need to get either a set of 6 volt batteries are upgrade it to a 48 volt controller and charger & solenoid.
However you can charge it with the 36 volt charger. How well it charges is a guess. People have done it but I have never seen one work very well.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:15 PM   #3
brpeddicord
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Charger suggestion

Thanks for the quick response. I知 thinking I might just try and find a cheap 36 volt charger for now. When the batteries go I値l probably just buy a new 36v battery set. I知 curious why they would put an extra battery in there like that in parallel. Is there an advantage to doing this?
Old 06-12-2020, 07:24 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brpeddicord View Post
Thanks for the quick response. I知 thinking I might just try and find a cheap 36 volt charger for now. When the batteries go I値l probably just buy a new 36v battery set. I知 curious why they would put an extra battery in there like that in parallel. Is there an advantage to doing this?
They were running at 48V and one of the 8V batteries died.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:32 PM   #5
brpeddicord
Not Yet Wild

The cart has a 36v motor. Not sure about the controller but all looks stock to me. If one of the batteries died why wouldn稚 they just take it out?

Tags
40v, batteries, charger, ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO