lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2020, 09:45 PM   #1
Rbufe84
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Post 2015 EZGO 48V RXV not charging

New to BGW. Recently my ‘15 rxv would not go when pressing accelerator. I then did the voltage meter test and figured out it was my charging port that was bad and the port was thinking it was plugged in and charging when it actually wasn’t. I replaced the charging port and cart ran like a champ. I then pulled it in to charge it for the night and noticed the indicator light on the charging port never came on and the charger was not clicking like I was use to hearing. Long story short I thought maybe the fuse inside the charging port had blown and I soldered an in-line jumper fuse to the existing fuse and that didn’t work. My lights had been working as well but they do not now. I’m an amateur when it comes to golf cart repairs so just trying to see if maybe I can find some help diagnosing the problem. Thanks in advance.
Rbufe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2020, 05:48 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2015 EZGO 48V RXV not charging

The rxv charging port fuse is potted inside the unit, did you "dig it out" to put a new fuse in? The fuse isnt at the battery end. Did you disect the "black thing" at the end of the grey "wire" & add a fuse to that?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:24 AM   #3
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

this probably isnt it because you recently replaced the port but check the gray wire with the black box/temp sensor on the end plugged into the battery coming from receptacle and make sure it has a good connection. I had the Delta Q charger and my gray wire was corroding causing loose connection at times and would not charge. I think a lot of the upgraded chargers do not require the wire with temp sensor though.
wingnut2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:04 AM   #4
Rbufe84
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I did “dig out” the fuse in the charging port and that is where I installed the inline jumper fuse. I have not inspected the black box at the end of the gray wire that ties onto battery. I will try that next. While installing the new charging port I accidentally grounded my racket from one terminal post to another terminal on a different battery. Would this have caused an issue with the cart no longer charging? Thanks for the reply’s.
Old 07-15-2020, 02:09 PM   #5
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Did you put the cart in Tow before starting the entire process?
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 02:44 PM   #6
Rbufe84
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I don’t remember for sure, but I do usually put the cart in tow before doing any work to it. What would happen if I didn’t put the cart in tow?
Old 07-15-2020, 04:37 PM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbufe84 View Post
I don’t remember for sure, but I do usually put the cart in tow before doing any work to it. What would happen if I didn’t put the cart in tow?
It could have corrupted the controller. Essentially, it is a computer that operates the cart. It is very easy to damage it by probing around with a voltmeter... It can be a $1000 mistake if that happens.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:49 PM   #8
Rbufe84
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well that’s not good. Would everything else be working properly besides charging and headlights if it corrupted the controller?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO