lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2020, 12:51 PM   #11
jr5018
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Installing Speakers - Separate 12v, Reducer, or Direct to 12v?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ton View Post
Ive had so much help on this forum. You guys are great.

I’ve read so many different options to installing a stereo into my 2016 RXV. I bought a unit with 2 speakers and one controller (marine system).

I understand it’s a no-no to install power to the ignition. So I have to manually turn it on every time. Is this correct? Any workaround?

If I install to my 48v battery system, I don’t think I need a reducer bc the system has it. Is this correct?

If I install straight to one of ther 12v batteries in the system it would cause uneven drain. Is this correct?

If I get a separate 12v battery just for the speakers and maybe future LED ground lights, do I need a On/Off switch? Or can I simply turn off radio?

Debating what’s the best option. Been reading so much and want to make sure I understand.
I do not think the system has a reducer that can handle a stereo. The only one I know if is the one behind the cup holder and I don't think you should tie into that.
Yes uneven drain is bad and will cause your controller to do crazy things
separate 12v battery is fine I would install a switch just for peace of mind.
jr5018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO