lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2020, 07:44 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lifted Ezgo with 400 Alltrax DCX

You've got a bar graph meter. Scottie is talking about a dash mounted Digital Voltmeter that read the pack voltage. Something similar to the one pictured below.

The throttle up rate and throttle down rate determine how fast the controller responds to changes in the pedal position. Doesn't effect torque, or speed, just how fast the the controller goes to wide open when you slam the pedal to the floor.

The throttle curves change how the controller interprets the pedal position. For instance when the progressive curve is selected, the controller only opens to about 40% when pedal is half way down, but goes from 40% to 100% during the second half of pedal travel.

Neither the throttle rate or curve setting is causing the problem you're having.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DVM meter and Panel.jpg (43.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2020, 08:45 PM   #12
jchcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
You've got a bar graph meter. Scottie is talking about a dash mounted Digital Voltmeter that read the pack voltage. Something similar to the one pictured below.

The throttle up rate and throttle down rate determine how fast the controller responds to changes in the pedal position. Doesn't effect torque, or speed, just how fast the the controller goes to wide open when you slam the pedal to the floor.

The throttle curves change how the controller interprets the pedal position. For instance when the progressive curve is selected, the controller only opens to about 40% when pedal is half way down, but goes from 40% to 100% during the second half of pedal travel.

Neither the throttle rate or curve setting is causing the problem you're having.
Thanks JohnnieB, glad you chimed in, you helped me a lot a few years ago. Matter of fact you had asked me what map I was running. I didn’t have a clue how to figure that out at the time but I do now. It says field map #3. Is that the correct one? I am guessing based on the other info I have provided the issue I am having doesn’t sound like what the normal performance should be to you?
jchcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:37 PM   #13
jchcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
How low does your battery pack voltage drop when on those hills. This is During, not before, not after, not sitting in the garage (before or after charge). I only need readings during your trip up the hill that causes the problem.
Ok so with a volt meter stuck in the charging port, slamming it to go up a hill it drops for a slit second to 31.7 then jumps back up to 37-38. It did not stall completely out on this hill tho as it was just me and in the woods I had 2 kids and another adult with me. It is reading 38.7 as I sit without movement. It just came off charger if that makes any difference
Old 11-10-2020, 09:53 PM   #14
jchcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Changed it to progressive, felt crappy, changed back to linear, the lowest it got going around the block flooring it and letting off and flooring it again was roughly 31.9 - 32 but that was just very briefly as well, seemed like it would stay right about 34.8 and creep back up to around 37
Old 11-10-2020, 09:53 PM   #15
jchcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I’ve got throttle up now at 9 with throttle down at 11.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:27 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcart View Post
I’ve got throttle up now at 9 with throttle down at 11.
Were are you measuring this voltage???????????

Field Map #3 is the correct one for a stock DCS motor. (Field Maps are motor specific)

Since you can identify which Field Map is loaded and change the throttle curves, it sounds like you have the ability to connect to the DCX and run Controller Pro software. If so, monitor the controller and record a data log at the continuous sample rate while driving up that hill and post it here.

You can't attach the .csv file to a BGW post, so zip it and attach the .zip file.

Does the throttle go to 100% when pedal is on floor?
What does the DCX say battery voltage drops to?
What does the DCX output voltage climb to?

------------
You lost about 18% of the torque available when you went to 22"tires, but a stock DCS motor has quite a bit of low end torque, so the cart shouldn't have stalled on a hill if everything was in good health, so the question is what is sick.

Could be batteries, or cables, or motor, or throttle circuit, or controller, or solenoid contacts, or something that doesn't come to mind at the moment.

With some troubleshooting, we ought to be able to figure out what is wrong.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:27 PM   #17
jchcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will give that a try and report it back. One other question, on the throttle response where you can select progressive, linear, s-curve etc.. the custom is grayed out and unable to be selected. Is That normal?
Old 11-11-2020, 07:24 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I will give that a try and report it back. One other question, on the throttle response where you can select progressive, linear, s-curve etc.. the custom is grayed out and unable to be selected. Is That normal?
I'm pretty sure is is.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:34 PM   #19
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ok, the voltages at the batteries seems ok. You are running a upgraded solenoid, right?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:44 PM   #20
Qveon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Changed it to progressive, felt crappy, changed back to linear, the lowest it got going around the block flooring it and letting off and flooring it again was roughly 31.9 - 32 but that was just very briefly as well, seemed like it would stay right about 34.8 and creep back up to around 37
My hypothesis is one underperforming battery. You hit it, the one battery cant supply the current so the voltage from that battery (6v) drops off instantly.
Qveon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO