lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2020, 05:03 PM   #1
03psd73
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Lost speed

Cart had Curtis controller and I swapped it out with Alltrax XT 48400 before the cart would run 26 to 27mph. Now after swap it will only run 23 to 24mph. Was hoping to get it up to 30 or a little better. What are the settings to speed up the cart?
03psd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2020, 06:17 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lost speed

What motor, stock TXT-48 or aftermarket?
Does the Field Map in XCT match the motor???

Connect controller to laptop and make sure Speed limit box is ticked.
Turbo box should also be ticked.
Speed limit should be set to 6,000RPM.

Go to monitor screen and check what the RPM is at max speed.
Also check that the throttle is going to 100%.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:22 AM   #3
03psd73
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

JonnieB it is actually a zone cart. I got the controller from Scotty. Only thing on the motor is model XQ-3.8 I checked all the stuff you listed and Scotty already had it set up.
Old 11-15-2020, 01:26 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03psd73 View Post
JonnieB it is actually a zone cart. I got the controller from Scotty. Only thing on the motor is model XQ-3.8 I checked all the stuff you listed and Scotty already had it set up.
I didn't know Zone carts existed until a couple days ago, but I do know a bit about sepex motors and sepex controllers.

What field map is loaded in the XCT??????????????????????

What do Field Amps go down to when motor is running at top speed? (Shown on Toolkit monitor screen.)

FWIW: I got one of the first XCTs sold to the general public and it was set to factory defaults since not much was known about how to program them at the time. The F1 & F2 terminals were labeled wrong so it went backwards when forward was selected and the throttle rate was set to something like 40% and the tires spun on dry pavement with a slightest touch on the pedal.

That stuff was quickly sorted out and upgrading from a DCX controller in a PDS, it took me a couple days to find the speed sensor cable. The cart was a dog without the speed sensor connected.

IIRC it had the field map for a stock PDS motor loaded and after I got the speed sensor connected the top speed with Turbo off was 19.9MPH and with Turbo on it was 23.6MPH. Considering it had been doing about 28MPH (On a GPS) with the DCX controller, I was disappointed.

Eventually got a field map for a D&D ES-76-51 motor from Alltrax (Via Scottie) and the top speed (calculated from motor RPM, differential gear ratio and measured tire height) went to 27.53MPH and I was happy again.

My tires are only 17" tall, so the motor was spinning at about 6750RPM, so I later reduced the max RPM to 6500, which is about 26.5MPH.

The main difference in the data logs for those various top speeds was the amount of field weakening.
With the PDS map, it went down to 2.1A and the motor maxed at 5799RPM
With the ES76-51 map, it went down to 1.1A and the motor maxed at 6756RPM.

---------------
Contact Alltrax, they may have a map for your XQ-3.98 Motor, it appears to be used in several Chinese flavored carts.

Here is their website: https://hfhuanxin.en.made-in-china.c...hed-Motor.html
There is a contact window at the bottom of that page, perhaps they have a field map for that motor fed by an Alltrax XCT controller.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:16 PM   #5
03psd73
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Finally had a chance to hook up computer and go for a ride. Looks like I’m maxing out at 4900 or so rpms. Called Alltrax and waiting on them to call back.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:28 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03psd73 View Post
Finally had a chance to hook up computer and go for a ride. Looks like I’m maxing out at 4900 or so rpms. Called Alltrax and waiting on them to call back.
email might work better, They may be working from home due to the covid-19.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO