lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2020, 01:16 PM   #1
cowsgonemadd3
Not Yet Wild

Default What charger to get? 36v cart

My cart came with a 5 amp hour charger. Takes a very long time to charge my 36v cart up and I honestly have no idea when its finished as the cheap thing has no proper display. I have been looking for a good charger. Are they all 300 bucks? How many amps output do I need? Any deals out there even on used ones?
cowsgonemadd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2020, 01:29 PM   #2
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What charger to get? 36v cart

That 5 amp charger is not doing your batteries any good either....

The "flooded cell" batteries in carts needs the 15-17 amp "kick" of the higher power chargers.

That said, the new Lester or DPI chargers out now are in the $ 300 range you mentioned. Many folks, (me included) get plenty of good service from stock chargers, with the many 36 to 48v upgrades, there are usually used ones available for around $ 150.

When looking around, update your info with EXACTLY what cart you have and where you are located, as shipping can be pricey due to the weight...

Hope this helps, and good luck !!
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:31 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ideally the charger has an output equal to 10% of the battery capacity for the bulk recharge phase. I say phase because you want a 3 phase change for Golf cart batteries. Without the proper charge the battery will sulfate and it's ability to hold and release amperage will diminish. So the $300 battery charger could save you money over the life of the pack.
I suggest the Lester Summit II 650w is the best charger for the money right now, especially with it's 36-48 volt compatibility, the BT phone app to download any battery charge algorithm, and 4 year factory warranty.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:32 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Might post a WTB post here: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:07 AM   #5
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i use this and love it

https://www.amazon.com/Max36-Battery...03375939&psc=1
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:26 AM   #6
TB72
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 2018 dpi gen 4 36 volt charger that I’d like to sell. No longer need because I went to 48 volts. Works great.
TB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:01 PM   #7
cowsgonemadd3
Not Yet Wild

Pm me the price please :)
cowsgonemadd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO