lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2020, 05:26 PM   #1
cokerta
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO PDS Charging Receptacle

I am switching my cart over to 48 volts with a summit II onboard charger, I would like to remove the D style receptacle, I know the white and black wire goes to the battery pack and the red/white wire goes to the tow switch. My question is do I replace the red/white wire on the switch with the blue wire from the Summit? Am I missing something here or is there more to it than that?
cokerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2020, 06:15 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO PDS Charging Receptacle

If you have what used to be a 36V PDS cart, the small wire coming out of the charge receptacle did not go to the Run/Tow switch. It goes to J1 Pin-4, into the control and then out to the Run/Tow switch.

If the Summit-II is set up for on-board use, yes connect the small blue wire to the red wire from J1 Pin-4.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 06:41 PM   #3
cokerta
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks JohnnieB I really appreciate your help
Old 11-20-2020, 11:20 AM   #4
cokerta
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

JohnnieB I tried that and the cart would not run, that red/white wire runs to the front of the cart, when I hook all three wires of the charging receptacle back up the cart runs fine is there a switch in the receptacle that requires power to run?
Old 11-20-2020, 11:23 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

On the 36v PDS the red/wht wire in the charge receptacle connected to (+) whenever the charger was not connected. This connection was required for the cart to run.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:41 AM   #6
cokerta
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

ScottyB If I want to eliminate the receptacle how do I hook it up to my Summit II?
Old 11-20-2020, 12:08 PM   #7
2K6TBSS
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokerta View Post
ScottyB If I want to eliminate the receptacle how do I hook it up to my Summit II?
If you take the connector apart on the charger side you will see the red/white thin wire is connected to the pack positive wire (on my cart it was white). I just hooked the red/white wire and the white wire to the same terminal on my charger when I installed it.
2K6TBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 01:20 PM   #8
cokerta
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks 2k6TBSS that took care of the problem I am putting in the extension cord receptacle. The idea that I got from one of your post.
Old 11-20-2020, 03:13 PM   #9
2K6TBSS
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

It's a lot easier than lifting up the seat to get to the power cord and plug into an extension cord.
2K6TBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:34 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We do offer a battery pack to SB50 connector. This and other SB50 quick connect adapters allow greater versatility. I have one Lester summit charger with a 10' SB50 cord-set on it. It connects directly to the industrial cart. It plugs directly into the pack adapter on one cart and with other adapters could plug into 3 or 4 more carts both 36 or 48 volts... A very versatile set up.

We also have a universal battery pack lead which can be used to wire the charger directly to the battery pack.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO