lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2020, 03:50 PM   #1
SDKet
Not Yet Wild

Default TXT48 with no shocks

I recently pulled a rear wheel from my 2011 TXT 48 and noted that it had no rear shocks. I examined the shock mounts and found no sign of any shocks ever having been on the cart....not a single swirl mark or scratch in the powder coat...no mark from any nut, washer or bushing. Could this cart have been manufactured without rear shock absorbers?
SDKet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2020, 04:57 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT48 with no shocks

Ooops, a monday build cart? I guess ' No '
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:18 PM   #3
SDKet
Not Yet Wild

I spent some time searching the forums and came across this from another 2011 TXT owner:

....”found when I did the lift kit on my 2011, I did not have any rear shocks at all. Looks like there were never any there as the mounds were not marred in any way”....

I also contacted a local dealer who advised that some TXTs were, in fact manufactured without rear shocks.
SDKet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 06:29 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, can't see any reason for that. I've had a '99 TXT some years back, with shocks, but maybe some others can confirm this. As these shocks are not really expensive, it's highly recommended to purchase some for a more comfortable ride

If i imagine driving my Chevy Truck w/o rear shocks... awesome!
Old 12-05-2020, 06:54 AM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've seen other TXTs with no sign of rear shocks ever having been in place. Most of the owners never knew. At the same time many Club Car DS owners removed rear shocks, particularly when lift lift kits or heavy springs were installed. With relatively little weight and fairly low speeds they don't make as much difference in ride quality as they do on a car.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:04 PM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Misterious, just looked in the 2010+ TXT manual, front/rear suspension with leafsprings and hydraulic shock absorbers, series, not optional!??? Why should some carts been sold without shocks

Asking on google: Can i drive without rear shocks?
One answer:
Yes you can drive a vehicle provided it has a Solid Rear Axle and is a Rear Wheel Drive without Shocks. Just don't expect a comfortable ride and your Braking will be severely reduced. You'll also destroy your Springs and your Tires.
Old 12-06-2020, 01:35 AM   #7
webwarmiller
Not Yet Wild

From my understanding, EZGO quit installing rear shocks on fleet TXT's around 2011 and then started using them again around 2014 or so.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=128075
webwarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:15 AM   #8
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My '13 didn't have shocks. However the Ez-Go mid rise lift had a new pair of shocks in it, so I'm good to go now.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 03:40 PM   #9
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

My 2013 doesnt have them either. But I wouldn't necessarily use mine as an example. I have redneck suspension where they just used longer shackle plate to drop the back of the leaf spring and my axle is still ONTOP of the leaf springs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear axle.jpg (200.1 KB, 0 views)
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO