lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2021, 01:46 AM   #1
crackers450
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default slight problem with 1990 Ezgo Marathon

Hi All,
I am after some info on why my Marathon stops running then starts up again.
My cart is a 36v 1990 Marathon converted to Scotty's electronics, 500 Alltrax, HD solenoid, FR switch, Pot, cables, this is the problem for some reason it just stops, the solenoid clicks the green led flashes then goes out and nothing, Saturday it did it again so my fellow golfer ran his cart up to the bar at the back of my cart to push it after a short push with my foot flat on the floor it kicked in and away it went, it did this 3 times with same result, push starting it should not be the electronics I think, could it be an open circuit in the motor because once the motor is moving it seems to start up again, after it stopped 3 times and started up again it never missed a beat for the next 14 holes any help would be appreciated it's got me bluffed

Cheers
Crackers
crackers450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2021, 01:23 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: slight problem with 1990 Ezgo Marathon

Alltrax has made numerous controllers for series drives over the years, AXE being one of the earliest and SR being the latest. The attached schematic is for a SR, but the wiring is pretty much the same for all of them.

Sounds like you're losing the KSI voltage to the controller (Green LED flashing then going out), so monitor the voltage on the blue with to the controller to see if it goes away when cart misbehaves.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR in Pre-1994.jpg (225.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:03 PM   #3
crackers450
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for that JohnnieB, it's the 500 AXE, but reading the instructions that came with the unit, when the go pedal is pushed the green LED lights up, then goes off is this correct
crackers450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:28 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackers450 View Post
Thanks for that JohnnieB, it's the 500 AXE, but reading the instructions that came with the unit, when the go pedal is pushed the green LED lights up, then goes off is this correct
When the controller powers up, the LED ought to flash green one time signifying a 0-5kΩ pot-box type throttle and then go to steady green. It flashing once and going out indicates the controller is misbehaving.

Contact Alltrax, they may have some test you can do to prove the AXE good or bad.

Attached is an AXE Operator manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc100-003-B_OP-AXE-Operators-Manual.pdf (327.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stopping for some reason
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO