lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2021, 09:48 AM   #1
Don L
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 Precedent Backup Alarm and Brake Lights

My 2009 Precedent has new Batteries, new 2 guage wires, new MCOR, and is used at least 4 times a week playing golf. Primary issue is the backup alarm no longer works. Tried a replacement and still no luck. Checked voltage and did not see voltage. Saw a short voltage indication when switching the forward reverse switch between neutral and reverse. No alarm when cart creeps forward either.

Interesting enough the Brake lights stopped working about the same time. Any ideas?
Don L is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2021, 11:30 AM   #2
Don L
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2009 Precedent Backup Alarm and Brake Lights

While reviewing some old threads I noticed that NoleFan4Ever replied to a post regarding a backup alarm, that the alarm can be a good trouble shooting tool. He indicated it could even link to the Controller. Is the Controller related to the backup alarm in any way?
Old 01-31-2021, 11:53 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Pink wire going to beeper should be + pack voltage. Orange/white wire goes to ground when the controller sees the fnr switch in reverse. Check for that at the controller and see if that is happening. If not issue is controller. If it is you have a wiring issue
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 08:39 PM   #4
Don L
Not Yet Wild

I will check the voltage outputs in the morning. How do you check the controller? I have to remove two batteries to get access. Thanks for your response
Old 02-01-2021, 12:37 PM   #5
Don L
Not Yet Wild

Checked voltage at pink wire. Have pack voltage of 50.6. Checked orange and white to ground with switch in reverse. No ground. Checked same at controller. was able to reach from under cart. No ground. Controller?
Old 02-01-2021, 01:03 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If the cart is in reverse and it moves in reverse but the buzzer doesn’t work I would guess the controller is bad.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:13 PM   #7
Don L
Not Yet Wild

I believe you are correct. Calling David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars LLC to order new Controller and Heavy Duty Solenoid. Old gear was original from 2009. Using cart for Golf multiple times per week now. Time for upgrade.

Thanks for your help and I will let you know if this worked. Should have the parts soon.

Thanks again!
Old 02-10-2021, 03:38 PM   #8
Don L
Not Yet Wild

New Alltrax Controller and Solenoid installed. What a difference. Back alarm issue resolved. Turned out new alarm has polarity changed. Swapped wires, problem solved.

Thanks for your assistance.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car