lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2021, 03:09 PM   #1
TRPetr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cable upgrade

So I am in the process of upgrading my 04 TXT. My plan is to be reasonably methodical and my bankers plan is to go easy on the expenses. We mostly see things together.

Anyway, since I have stripped the cart down to the frame, I removed the motor and sent it off to PlumQuick for a Raptor upgrade. I have also replaced the stock cables with 2 gauge. I am keeping the current stock controller, solenoid and F/R switch. I have mentioned these upgrades in a couple of previous posts.

What no one warned me about was the challenge of putting the cover back on the controller with upgraded wires. Something about 10# of something in a 5# bag. The controller cover has undergone some modifications

Is it safe to run the cart without a cover on the stock controller? I have been afraid of damaging the internals of the solenoid or the controller as i have tried to move these wires to keep them inside the cover.

New wires take up a lot more room
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Library - 1 of 1.jpg (115.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart rebuild - 1 of 1.jpg (96.8 KB, 0 views)
TRPetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2021, 03:12 PM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Cable upgrade

What I do when I upgrade wiring is cut the cover in half/ bolt the top two and create a "hood" over the top of the controller and solenoid for some protection from washing batteries or getting wet etc...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 03:53 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

When I was running a stock controller with 2Ga cables, I enlarged the cable slot in the bottom of the controller cover with a Sawzall, leaving it mostly intact.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 04:30 PM   #4
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just trim the cover to fit the larger wires. If you dont want to trim them i would say you will be fine without a cover, Club Car controllers and solenoids are under the cart with a piece of plastic blocking any direct contact from the elements, your controller being under the seat i think it will be just fine.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:32 PM   #5
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Used a dremill tool to modify my cover 😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO