lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2021, 11:09 AM   #1
Bigjewler
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default EZGO RXV 48v motor brake?

Hey guys I have what I think is a 2008 EZGO RXV, basically I am a club car guy and this cart was given to me. The rear tires were locked up when I got it so not knowing what it was I pulled the motor. I’m guessing it’s some kind of brake that’s on the back of the motor that went bad. Problem is I have no idea how to get a replacement for it. Or for that matter exactly what it is called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigjewler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2021, 11:22 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZGO RXV 48v motor brake?

Motor brake part number is 617766. Do not buy the HD version because it will cook the controller
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:27 AM   #3
Ryokuro
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Redhawk has one too that isn't bad. MOT-1008 is their part number. Replaced two with them so far and no complaints.
Ryokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 03:58 PM   #4
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

In order to avoid a bottomless money pit, I would highly suggest you download the RXV troubleshooting guides for on this forum and start there. The RXV is an completely different animal when it comes to diagnosing and repairing. It is basically a computer on wheels. Touching the wrong thing or wire can easily cost you a grand. There is a wealth of info on here. Good luck!!
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:00 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm going to agree with jneubig. Get informed and do some testing before you start VERY CAREFULLY replacing any components. The motor brake may very well be fine & doing exactly what it's supposed to do. It acts as a parking brake and will only release when the controller and solenoid tell it to. It requires correct inputs from a variety of switches etc to have the controller activate the motor brake solenoid and send the power to release that brake.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO