lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2021, 10:13 AM   #1
kurtbelyeu
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV Issues

Hey gents,

My buddy has a RXV with the samsung battery pack he bought. When he originally got it we had to track down a charger to get the battery charged and the batter tests were good but we couldn't get the cart to run. He replaced the motor brake which didn't help then called me. I went though the test procedures on this site and determined that both the Brake Pedal potentiometer and the Gas Pedal potentiometer were bad. He ordered those items and installed them today. Now when the gas pedal is pushed the cart will release the brake and move forward about 3 or 4 feet then the brake sets again and the cart stops (does this both forward and backwards).

Any suggestions?
kurtbelyeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2021, 11:03 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Issues

Sounds like he needs a Speed Sensor also. All those are on the 5v circuit let hope the controller didn't receive any damage.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 06:55 PM   #3
kurtbelyeu
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Sounds like he needs a Speed Sensor also. All those are on the 5v circuit let hope the controller didn't receive any damage.
Yeah.. this was what I was thinking as well. I've talked him into rental a curtis programmer to do some troubleshooting.
kurtbelyeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 12:21 PM   #4
Threeput
Gone Wild

I had similar problems till I discovered the electric plug going into the brake was not making contact sometimes...I wiggled the plug while in place and it clicked the brake off...I removed the plug pushed in the plug contacts a little and put back in...no more problems for months now...
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 03:16 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeput View Post
I had similar problems till I discovered the electric plug going into the brake was not making contact sometimes...I wiggled the plug while in place and it clicked the brake off...I removed the plug pushed in the plug contacts a little and put back in...no more problems for months now...
Anyone who wants to replace that plug after they have determined it to be the issue, its called a "metri-pack 150".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO