lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2021, 07:14 PM   #1
Indy Golfer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2016 RXV Not Charging Correctly

I purchased my RXV last summer and I never had an issue charging it, I still have the same charger, batters and charge meter. I kept it plugged in all winter and always monitor the water levels in the batteries.

Now I am noticing the charger will have the yellow light on (fully charged), yet when I unplug it and turn the cart on it will say like 84%. If I turn the cart off and plug it back in, the light on the charger will blink for a couple hours (charging), turn solid yellow (charged) and it will then say 100%.

At first I thought it was an issue with the charge meter, although when I plug it back in (without driving it) it starts charging again, so I don't think it's an issue with the meter.

I always plug it in after using it, regardless of how long I use it. Any thoughts?

If it matters, the charger is a Delta-Q SC-48.
Indy Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2021, 08:21 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016 RXV Not Charging Correctly

Those meters don't always read right. It best if you get a DVM and give us the voltage reading along with that meter reading. And yes that charger is a throwaway don't buy another one.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:42 PM   #3
Indy Golfer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Those meters don't always read right. It best if you get a DVM and give us the voltage reading along with that meter reading. And yes that charger is a throwaway don't buy another one.
I thought it was the meter at first, but if I unplug it, wait a few minutes and plug it back in it will start charging again, which makes me think the meter is correct and the charger is stopping before it's fully charged.

Good idea, I'll get a voltage meter and compare it to the voltage shown on the charge meter, as it shows % and V.

The charger came with the cart.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:10 AM   #4
AlexYannoulatos
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Golfer View Post
I thought it was the meter at first, but if I unplug it, wait a few minutes and plug it back in it will start charging again, which makes me think the meter is correct and the charger is stopping before it's fully charged.

Good idea, I'll get a voltage meter and compare it to the voltage shown on the charge meter, as it shows % and V.

The charger came with the cart.
If you unplug and replug the charger as you mentioned after batteries were fully charged, it will begin to charge again. No problem there. They all do that, even on the TXT's.

As said above, best thing you can do will be to measure the voltages, resulting in true state of charge. My old RXV used to sometime show 3/4 of the SOC meter when turning on, but when checking each individual battery and battery pack total, i had 100%.
AlexYannoulatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:41 AM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I use the same Delta Q charger, no problems at all. When it starts charging, the yellow light moves to the top of indicator, lights constantly. In steps, the yellow comes down, and when batteries fully loaded, there comes a green light too - ready

WHEN YELLOW IS BLINKING, IT'S READY, NOT CHARCHING!
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:41 AM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, sorry - just noticed mine is the Delta Q World Charger (yellow/black), so it's different. Regarding the owners manual, the led indicator at SC-48 is as follows:

LED OPERATION CODES:
SHORT GREEN FLASH = less than 80% charged
LONG GREEN FLASH = more than 80% charged
SOLID GREEN = 100% charged
RED FLASH = fault code

I can't see any yellow ...?
Old 05-04-2021, 07:13 PM   #7
Indy Golfer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

My charger only has one light, blinks yellow while charging and solid yellow when charged.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:58 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sc-48 has no "yellow lights", it's either green or red, so we gotta figure out what's up. The Delta-q QuiQ has many yellow lights, but they are very different animals than SC-48. (QuiQ is "yellow & black" in appearance), and "SC-48" is raw aluminum fins with round edges. Which are we dealing with?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 05:39 AM   #9
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As mentioned before, check your pack voltage / single batteries when the charger has finished...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 558F637B-AA8B-40A3-8F6D-B384DED67D1D.jpeg (7.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-05-2021, 06:56 PM   #10
Indy Golfer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

cgtech: you are absolutely right, it is a green light, not sure why I was thinking it was yellow.

ojo: I can't read that attachment, its blurry when I enlarge it.

I went out tonight, the charger had a solid GREEN light, I unplugged the cart and turned the key to F and the charge meter showed 84%, I hit the mode selector button and it showed 50.0V on the state of charge meter. I'm not sure if that is an accurate correlation, need to look into that.

I'll try to track down a voltage meter this weekend to check the voltage at the actual batteries and see if my state of charge meter is somewhat accurate

Thanks for your help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO