lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2021, 10:28 AM   #1
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

Angry EZGO TXT Ignition Switch w/Lights Wiring Installation

I just purchased this cart but I was told that it needed an ignition switch. Since I didn't have the old one installed, I have no clue on where these wires go or even if they are the original wiring. I have searched everywhere for a diagram and pictures but the color wires and adapters that I have don't match up with the diagrams. I have the new 4 prong ignition switch already. I need to know from what I have, what wires go to where on the Ignition Switch and the battery meter. I have attached pictures of what I have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210527_104912.jpg (196.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210527_104923.jpg (199.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210527_111349.jpg (199.6 KB, 0 views)
graphictees is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2021, 10:40 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZGO TXT Ignition Switch w/Lights Wiring Installation

Year would help but for the meter pin 1 is pack positive and pin 2 is pack negative. 4 is the trigger if you want to turn it off with the key. As for the other wires I would guess the blue wires with the stripe could be for lights but dunno. Red and black might be pack voltage for the meter. The rest don’t match a diagram I have
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:49 AM   #3
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

I apologize. it's a 1997 EZGO TXT. Thank you for the reply however I am not sure which pins you are referring to when you say Pin 1, 2 & 4. Also, I'm not even sure if I need to use all of these wires to get everything going. There doesn't seem to be a place where this pack of 4 wires in the adapter plug into.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:03 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Square meter is marked on the back with pins marked 1-4. 4 pin plug might be part of a light harness and turn signals. What changes have been made to this cart? A stock 97 I believe should have a green and blue wire for the key switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 31901AEC-8C3B-4EF8-90F9-B0403E86E490.jpeg (40.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-27-2021, 11:21 AM   #5
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

OK, I understand the Pin numbers now. I didn't see the diagram before. This cart was hot wired in some way with these two wires. When I connect these two together, I can drive the cart. It actually drives well. I was just trying to get everything hooked up the correct way because the lights are disconnected and I don't know which wires are for them either. As you can see, this Blue and Green wire don't seem to be stock but they trace back to this solenoid area on the passenger side. This is the extent of my wiring knowledge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210527_120824.jpg (186.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210527_120847.jpg (210.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210527_121024.jpg (206.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-27-2021, 11:34 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Okay series cart. Stock key switch uses green and blue for run. Attached is the diagram
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 12543725-6F44-40C0-B690-CB76B4F266BE.jpeg (66.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-27-2021, 11:44 AM   #7
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

OK so if I'm looking at this correctly, the Blue and Green wires should connect to the ignition switch B & I? If so, what wires do I connect to the battery meter and the light prongs (B1 & L)?
Old 05-27-2021, 11:49 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Good question. You are going to have to chase where they go to figure out which is which. Is there a voltage reducer? I would lean towards the harness with the 4 wires. I think I see red, black, blue/white, blue/white? Check red for pack positive, black for negative and thinking the blue/white switch the lights
Old 05-27-2021, 11:54 AM   #9
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

As far as I can see, I don't see a voltage reducer. I could be wrong but I don't see one anywhere. If I can't figure this out, I think I'm just going to put those two wires on a toggle switch and then hook up the lights directly to the battery with another toggle switch. This is frustrating me.
Old 05-27-2021, 12:08 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If they are led lights they might work with pack voltage but don’t know. What wires go to the pack?

Tags
ignition switch, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO