lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2021, 09:10 PM   #1
firefighter3803
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 Txt 48v. Just installed a Navitas 600 HD solenoid

6 inch lift with 23 ATs

What is the gear ratio?
What is the best setup for a stock motor? I have the dealer access.

Is there already a thread with this info and if so how do I search for it correctly?

TIA
firefighter3803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2021, 10:06 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 Txt 48v. Just installed a Navitas 600 HD solenoid

The stock differential gears in a TXT 48 are 12.44:1.

With stock tire (18" tall) that produces an effective final drive ratio of 16.59:1.

With 23" tall tires the effective final drive ratio is 12.98:1.

Mathematically, the 23" tall tires increase the speed by 27.8% and decreases the torque where rubber meets road by 21.7%.

I don't know the answers to your other questions.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 10:53 AM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a TXT48 with a lift and 23" tires.

It performed 'fine' for neighborhood use and very mild off road use.

I did switch to lithium and my pack now goes from 57.6V down to 48V. The stock controller worked fine on that pack and the cart really loved the increase in V and reduction in weight of vaguely 400 pounds.

I later switched to the smallest Alltrax controller that was still an increase over stock. I didn't need extra power by any means, but I wanted more control over throttle curves, kiddie mode, *cutoff voltage*, etc. With the 300 amp (360 max) altrax, lithium pack and stock motor on an agressive throttle curve it will pull wheelies...

So if you have any interest in lithium, then I don't see the need for a 400 or 500 amp controller. Some people do, but I don't get it.

If you keep lead acid then they (generally) say the stock motor will do well up to 400 amps.

I do know that my cart with the lift and tires gets very squirrely as it nears 30 and past 30 felt dangerous. So I limited the rpm in the Alltrax to keep the speed below 30. I use heavy regen braking to help with the high speeds, just be careful.

If you have interest in lithium, your stock controller will do well and performance increase is surprising.

If you have no interest in lithium, then the Alltrax 400 or alltrax 500 (turned down to 400 amps) will give a nice boost in speed and torque.

If I misunderstood your question, sorry about all the blather....
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 12:17 PM   #4
firefighter3803
Not Yet Wild

Thank y’all for the information.

I was just wondering what values to use with the navitas controller is best to go with for best performance. I may just purchase the dash dials.

I may look into the lithium myself.
firefighter3803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO