lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2021, 09:37 PM   #1
Jeromeo
Not Yet Wild

Default Speed sensor magnet.

Hi everyone.
With my shuttle 6.
runway doesn’t work also she goes in limp mode all of the time, so I removed speed sensor to inspect magnet.
The magnet is spinning with the motor but if I turn the wheels by hand, the magnet is not spinning. Who doesn’t seems right.
Can someone confirm what to expect. And if it’s wrong how to fix it.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jeromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2021, 06:28 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Speed sensor magnet.

When you turn the wheels by hand do you have both the rear tires off the ground? The differential can turn one rear wheel forward an the other backward - leaving the motor sitting still. That's normal operation for the differential. If you can leave one wheel on the ground and turn the other, the motor (and the magnet) should be forced to turn. If the magnet is indeed turning with the motor, then it does sound like the sensor has failed to pick up that movement.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO