lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2021, 09:48 PM   #1
dwhitt74
Not Yet Wild

Default Very Slow TXT 48v

My 2016 TXT48 that I acquired a few weeks ago only runs 11mph with 23" tires on it. It was slow when I got it, but it had factory wheels and tires and old batteries on it, so I figured that was the cause. I put new Trojan 8v batteries on and 23" wheels/tires and it is still extremely slow. It also feels like the Regen braking is very strong, like it will almost throw you out the front if you take your foot completely off the throttle pedal going "full speed." I unplugged the speed sensor to see if it acted differently, but it did not. Could a bad speed sensor be the culprit? Is it possible it is programmed to drive as such? Any other areas I should be looking into as a culprit? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
dwhitt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2021, 10:00 PM   #2
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default Re: Very Slow TXT 48v

If you unplugged the speed sensor and it didn’t make a difference then its probably bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 04:56 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When i got my RXV it had the same slow speed, it was used in a golf resort before and the controller was programmed to one of the ( 6 ) lower speed settings.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 10:09 AM   #4
dwhitt74
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbdale View Post
If you unplugged the speed sensor and it didn’t make a difference then its probably bad
That's kinda what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. Got a new speed sensor this morning. I'll install it and see if there's a difference. BUT. I've read several threads on here where people got bad speed sensors new in the box, so I'll keep that in mind.

Yes, it could be the programming also, as the guy I bought it from had tweens that drove it around his property, and he bought it from a dealership that may have gotten it from a golf resort or something, too.

I'll report back on the new speed sensor here in a bit. Thanks
Old 08-22-2021, 11:08 AM   #5
dwhitt74
Not Yet Wild

New speed sensor didn't change anything. Still same top speed and strong regen braking. Any other ideas other than taking it to get programmed? I had read somewhere that BobBoyce (I think that's what it was) can program this controller, but I can't pm him for some reason. Anybody know if he still does this? Curtis 1206hb controller
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210822_161514002.jpg (270.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-22-2021, 11:18 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Bob does but doesn’t do mail in anymore. He would have to come to you. Where are you located?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 11:26 AM   #7
dwhitt74
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Bob does but doesn’t do mail in anymore. He would have to come to you. Where are you located?
I'm in Fort Worth, TX.
Old 08-22-2021, 11:31 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Not sure if he goes that far but you can ask. Send a pm to usgicollector with your contact information and what you have. He can tell you. Option 2 is have a dealer apply the freedom dongle and turn it up the rest of the way with a handheld.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 12:07 PM   #9
dwhitt74
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Not sure if he goes that far but you can ask. Send a pm to usgicollector with your contact information and what you have. He can tell you. Option 2 is have a dealer apply the freedom dongle and turn it up the rest of the way with a handheld.
Ok I'll try a local dealer first. Thanks. I'll report back after I do.
Old 08-24-2021, 02:08 PM   #10
dwhitt74
Not Yet Wild

Got it sorted out. Went to local dealer and got the freedom unlock, them he turned it up the rest of the way. I jump on to test drive and it still is maxed out at 10mph 🙁. Chat with him and his tech a little while and he checks for faults on it and finds speed sensor fault as an active fault. I told him I just replaced the speed sensor, and he had also heard and seen new speed sensors that were faulty. He sold me a new one stopped sensor to try. Got home and went to install the new-new speed sensor and realized I had put the magnet ring that screws onto the shaft on backwards. Reversed it and tested, with great results. Runs about 23mph on flat pavement and was pulling a steady 20mph up a paved steady incline. Thanks for all the help and feedback.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO