lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2022, 11:27 AM   #1
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

Default 2015 EzGo 2five Intelligent Brake

Looking for some help.

2015 EzGo 2five stock. Cart was running fine and all the sudden the brake apples at full force while going 15 mph. Cart comes to a stop and won’t move. Try tow mode and etc…nothing. Finally get it to at least unlock and roll down the hill to get it out of the road. Once there try everything to release no luck. Go home and look up see the plug under cup holders may be culprit and I did wash the golf cart that morning. Dry out the pug with handheld blower nothing, do it again multiple times believing it was moisture from washing it. However I did not wash under the seat, just a normal outside only wash. Finally after multiple attempts it decides to work go about 30’ and brake auto applies and comes to a complete stop again…. Same thing won’t release. Get it back to its original spot off the road by tow switch. Hoping it was moisture let it sit all night and brought jumper wire back to the house and left over Air vent. Still nothing today. I tried to jump with a jump wire but no luck so not sure it’s this plug.

I can manually override by swapping 1/3 and 2/4 brake release and rolls forward. When I turn on in run mode everything sounds like normal but the brake won’t release. When I put in tow mode and move ignition to N brake still applied and won’t move.

Any ideas of where to start?
Jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2022, 11:38 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2015 EzGo 2five Intelligent Brake

If you have a volt meter check for pack voltage on the controller side of the solenoid when the cart is in run and either forward or reverse. If no check voltage on the two smaller terminals on the solenoid for pack voltage. If you have voltage there solenoid is bad.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 07:52 PM   #3
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

Ok west back to the cart today to move it out of the way until I can come back with a trailer. I had to manually unlock the brake by swapping 1/3 and 2/4. When we did this it rolled about a ft and then seems to lock back down. It was on a slop so we scotched the wheel. I moved 1/3 and 2/4 back to their normal position turn it back on and hit reverse and it starts backing. I have 0 faith in it as it worked for a few ft yesterday after the initial lock down but I attempt multiple times back and forth and it works flawlessly. I decide to take a chance on the 2 mile drive back to my cabin. The cart worked fine, hit the brake no problems never gives an ounc of anything out of the norm. Park it in the driveway and let it sit for 30 minutes and decide to move it to the garage. Back to locked up, no movement switched 1/3 and 2/4 again it would roll about 1ft then stop. Reset 1/3 and 2/4 back to correct. Still nothing, I just put a cover on it and left will deal with it next weekend.

I will go back with a volt meter but I’m surprised how many threads there are with similar problems but very few has a resolution which is frustrating. If you’re going to start a thread you should finish it off with what you replaced to fix it. This would be helpful to all.
Old 09-18-2022, 08:18 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What you are describing sounds like a solenoid failing. Yours should have a 36 volt but I would check first.
Old 09-19-2022, 06:19 AM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgraham37128 View Post
Back to locked up, no movement switched 1/3 and 2/4 again it would roll about 1ft then stop.
With the 1/3 and 2/4 connection full battery voltage will be applied to the em brake and it should disengage. This should work as long as the connection consists. You says, the cart rolls 1 ft. only, so either the battery voltage get lost, or the coil of the em brake is faulty.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:08 AM   #6
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
What you are describing sounds like a solenoid failing. Yours should have a 36 volt but I would check first.
Yea my cart is at my lake house so I'm not able to see it until I get back. I hope this is all it is. How can I verify? What's the steps to test?
Old 09-19-2022, 09:24 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If you have a volt meter check for pack voltage on the controller side of the solenoid when the cart is in run and either forward or reverse. If no check voltage on the two smaller terminals on the solenoid for pack voltage. If you have voltage there solenoid is bad.
Here
Old 09-22-2022, 10:20 AM   #8
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

Based off replies I have a bad solenoid.

When cart is in run position and in forward selection two small terminal have 38 volts and should be 0 large terminal have 0 volts.

When turned off small terminals have 0 volts and large has 50v.

It has a trombetta 36V solenoid
Old 09-22-2022, 11:42 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The voltage depends on where you have your leads. With the black lead on pack negative, key off, the large terminal on the battery side of the solenoid should have pack. Controller side should be 0. Small terminals don’t matter at this point. Key on in F, both large terminals should have pack voltage and one of the smaller ones should have pack voltage. If one of the smaller ones has pack and both large ones don’t the solenoid is bad.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:34 PM   #10
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

I have the solenoid off now can I bench test it with 12 volts?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO