lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2022, 08:45 PM   #1
Roman0
Not Yet Wild

Default Different way to quiet yahmaha G1

I'm am trying to figure out different ways to quiet down my yahmaha g1 to low key use it at camp grounds without anyone telling on me for not being eletric please post any successful ideas that have worked.
Roman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2022, 07:07 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Different way to quiet yahmaha G1

If you're trying to make a gas cart as quiet as an electric cart.....good luck, especially if you're cart is a 2 stroke, much more noise than a 4 stroke engine. I don't see it happening. I'm sure you can make your cart "quieter", with some extra baffling, insulation, maybe a sound box around the tailpipe, but that would require tons of extra space and will create heat and possibly a fire.

Electric carts are "nearly silent". A gas cart will never be. You're best bet is to put the G1 up for sale an buy an electric cart.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 07:29 AM   #3
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Or push it
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 09:03 PM   #4
mta5002414
Not Yet Wild

Sorry to say that I dont think you really can.. due to their nature/design, 2 strokes are noisy. Even if you have a huge muffler, the engine itself is noisy compared to a 4 stroke. (Not even gonna mention the non-combustion carts)
mta5002414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 07:10 PM   #5
Banderas Bay Carts
Not Yet Wild

There are two rings (sort of like piston rings) that fit between the muffler and the engine and compress fit. I have just ordered some for my 85 G1 as I came accross a post elsewhere where a fellow was quieting his G1 getting it readu for sale. The rings wear allowing exhause and noise to escape before travelling through the muffler.
Banderas Bay Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 03:42 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

A small volks wagon stinger will reduce some raspyness.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:25 PM   #7
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I have an old and loud Columbia that was super loud. I lined the underside of the body with a "dynamat" knock off that I got off of Amazon. It's been a while but it's comparable to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Siless-mil-sq...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Dynamat is what youngsters put in their trunks so that their "systems" go BOOM ba BOOM on the inside while trying not let so much sound go outside. The type I used was the self adhesive panels. They aren't light so it will add a bit of weight to the body that you will feel when lifting it. It would not impact cart performance, though.

The stuff worked well for me. I bet it knocked down the sound 50%.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:35 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The main purpose of the dynamat in a car for audio purposes is to dampen the sheet metal. The dynamat kills the resonance that would normally be there so it also effects the sound waves to help eliminate cancellation and other undesirable effects of metal flexing.

A side benefit is it does help to keep the sound “inside” the car somewhat but that’s really not the goal. Primary goal is to kill resonance and rattle/vibrations. It also does an amazing job at quieting down road noise (once again 95% of which is resonance and vibrations)

What also works well is the thermal foil insulation stuff with the foam in it. I. Bought a plastic shed for my generator and lined it with that stuff. Aside from whatever noise is from the exhaust pipe itself (I extended the exhaust pipe outside the shed) you can barely hear the generator running at all when it’s closed up.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 07:44 AM   #9
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

agree with the dyna mat and wrap the exhuast.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha