lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
muskydawg
Not Yet Wild

Default yamaha battery not charging

I have a yamaha gas cart that I drive daily around my campground. After a week or more the battery dies and needs charging. If there was a problem with the starter/generator am I correct to think that the cart would not start? Are my problems from me starting/stopping to often? Or is there something else I can check? First time posting, Thanks for your help.
muskydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Mark P
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: yamaha battery not charging

my dad has a newer yamaha that he uses while working at a flea market that requires him to start and stop a lot. It always pulls his battery down farther than the generator can recover-he charges it overnight the day before using it. he has known good deep cycle marine battery and it just does not keep up-there is probably nothing wrong with your cart. If you have an auto zone or big box type auto parts store in your area, the offer a free battery test-its worth trying-just take the battery to them.

Hope this helps

Mark P
Mark P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I would first have the battery load tested to determine the condition and then check the charging system to determine if the generator is working (which usually is good) and voltage regulator is working properly (which usually is the problem).

I came up with this doing a search "Yamaha generator test"

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/search/result-1539143/
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
rib33024

You need to take a volt meter and is what the volts are on your battery, and then crank the motor and test the battery again and you should see around 13 to 14 volts if it is charging
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #5
muskydawg
Not Yet Wild

Thanks alot for your help guys.
muskydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha