lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2014, 11:20 AM   #21
KLA
Getting Wild

Default Re: Anyone tried converting to 4wd?

Different to some posters, I don't think the motors or gear ratios have to match. But you need 2 controllers. The controller in a golf cart controls torque, not RPM. So if even if you mismatch torque, for example produce more in the front instead of in the rear motor, you just make it more like a front wheel drive system. But usually you want more torque in the rear.
Runtime will be less of course because of the losses from the additional motor, controller and friction in the differential.
The best way to set it up would be to use free-wheeling hubs in the front, so the rear motor drives the cart in normal operation, and the front motor and differential are only used (and consume electric power) when needed.
The additional weight of motor, controller and differential is not that large, so it won't change runtime that much in 2-wheel mode with free-wheeling hubs.
KLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #22
Wikid
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Why not build like a bad boy buggy ambush?

Gas rear. 48v front. Engage both for 4wd. Rear for range. Front for silence.
http://www.badboybuggies.com/sport/ambush.html
Wikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #23
KLA
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikid View Post
Why not build like a bad boy buggy ambush?

Gas rear. 48v front. Engage both for 4wd. Rear for range. Front for silence.
http://www.badboybuggies.com/sport/ambush.html
Also would solve the problem of reverse if an electric rear end is used with the gas motor. Just go electric only in reverse.
KLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #24
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #25
SilverWolf
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerj7907 View Post
Buy a beast 48 4x4. They just get horrible mileage since they run 2 of everything. Motors, controllers, solenoids. I have seen them and they look very capable but can be expensive to work on and maintain.
The Beast 48 4x4 uses our system which does not negatively affect the range of the vehicle when compared with a 2WD drive version of the same vehicle riding on the same track. Whatever work our motors are doing at the front, does not need to be done by the OEM system in the back. The SilverWolf system uses rare earth permanent magnet AC motors that convert electrical energy to mechanical energy much more efficiently than the stock Sepex, Series, or AC induction motors commonly found on golf cars. In addition, our motors disconnect themselves and freewheel at user selectable speeds of approximately 5 or 12 mph. Our systems adds about 35 pounds to the weight of the vehicle.
SilverWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:16 PM   #26
SilverWolf
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
silver wolf wheel motor kit $4068
That sounds too high for our kits - not sure where you got your quote from but you may want to get some competitive prices from other dealers or call us if you want help finding somebody in your area.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #27
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
That sounds too high for our kits - not sure where you got your quote from but you may want to get some competitive prices from other dealers or call us if you want help finding somebody in your area.
From one of your distributors online.

http://www.mmvehicles.com/Silver-Wolf-Motors/
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #28
SilverWolf
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
From one of your distributors online.

http://www.mmvehicles.com/Silver-Wolf-Motors/
That is the Distributor's suggested list price. His dealers may sell for less and in our expereince frequently do. So, just check around and get some quotes.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:23 AM   #29
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Just being curious.....IF I wanted to use the Silver Wolf system, would I need the 36 volt system to match my stock motor on rear, or the 48 volt system to match my upgraded battery pack??
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #30
SilverWolf
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knothead View Post
Just being curious.....IF I wanted to use the Silver Wolf system, would I need the 36 volt system to match my stock motor on rear, or the 48 volt system to match my upgraded battery pack??
Our system works with either 36 volt or 48 volt battery packs. It does not care about the OEM motor - it attaches to your battery pack and we need to know what brand and model of controller you are using so we can supply the correct wiring harness interface.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO