lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #11
financethis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: is $200 a good deal for a NEW alltrax spm-48400

I used the red wire out of the harness to go the the red key wire, would that affect it?
also the + on the solonid on the spm48400 is unused. its weird that it worked before and now it does not.
financethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #12
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do you have a small black wire coming from the harness to B- on the controller?

+ on the solenoid is unused ??? I have a small red wire from the solenoid positive (control circuit) to the SPM

I have the same controller. Works as advertised including the reverse buzzer which sounds when selecting reverse whether key on or off (OEM design)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #13
financethis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

not sure... the black wire from harness went directly to one of the throttle inputs
yes the small black wire from b- to the - on the solenoid.
did I answer your question?
Old 04-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #14
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

K, so I have a small blk wire from negative on the solenoid (control circuit) to relay coil(-) on the SPM. Also 2 small black wires from the original harness -- one goes to a throttle input and the other to B- on the controller. The one from the harness to B- on the controller is the connection to the reverse buzzer as per the Alltrax wiring diagram. NOTE: My cart is a 2000 model and came from the factory with a 400amp Curtis control. All the small wires have spade connectors. There were no molex plugs. Yours may be different. There are several ways to skin this cat I believe.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:54 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The reverse buzzer requires a positive and negative to make noise. Use your meter to see which one is coming last.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #16
financethis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
K, so I have a small blk wire from negative on the solenoid (control circuit) to relay coil(-) on the SPM. YES I HAVE THAT TOO Also 2 small black wires from the original harness -- one goes to a throttle inputGOT THAT ONE and the other to B- on the controller I DON'tt have one from -input to b-. The one from the harness to B- on the controller is the connection to the reverse buzzer as per the Alltrax wiring diagram. NOTE: My cart is a 2000 model and came from the factory with a 400amp Curtis control. All the small wires have spade connectors. There were no molex plugs. Yours may be different. There are several ways to skin this cat I believe.
sounds like I need a - wire running from -input relay to b-.
do I have that right?
Old 04-25-2014, 02:08 PM   #17
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure what you mean by "-input".

If you look at the reverse buzzer on your F/R switch there is a black and a red wire connected to it. The red wire connects to the orange wire somewhere in the harness and is connected to 1/2 speed reverse on the SPM. The black wire disappears into the harness also but it connects to B- on the SPM. This agrees with the Alltrax wiring diagram.
That black wire is small and you might have overlooked it coming out of the harness. Mine had to be extended a little to reach B- on the SPM. I can see where i did this but can't remember the details as to why I did it. I'm thinking it might have had a spade connector on it because all my small wire connections on the original controller had spade connectors. If you're missing this connection it would explain why your reversed buzzer isn't operating but you said it DOES work when throttle is pressed. This is troubling so something else is amiss.

I found the supplied wiring diagram (assume you got one) very good for details like this. I used the one on the Alltrax web site and viewed it on my desk top computer with the BIG screen. Helps a lot. Don't know if this is an option for you.

I'll help you all I can but realize I'm going by my experience with this same install. I'm not a trouble shooter like johnnieb.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:20 PM   #18
financethis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think I found it. One wire is the throttle. While other black out of the harness
Is going straight to the -neg relay input on spm.

Rather than straight to the - neg side of solenoid and then to the on to the - neg input of relay on spm.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:45 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

originally the reverse buzzer is wired with a constant supply on the negative side. (Battery pack - ) and the + side came from the F&R reverse micro switch.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #20
financethis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok, so i am going to buy new batteries next week. i am going to 48v. will i have to reprogram the controller to 48v?

i know i have to change the charge resistor any thing else before i hook up the batts?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO