lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #1
Grasso
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 6 6V to 3 12V help

I am a newb at this so any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have a 2005 ezgo. MY batteries are shot. I have access to 3 12V batteries and was wondering if I can use them ? I have been doing a lot of looking around and the issue so far I have seen is the run time is reduced significantly. I have not been able to find batteries of this magnitude online that people are using on there carts. Here are some concerns I have.

1) can I use them ?
2) what would run time be ?
3) will they even fit in compartment ?
4) would my charger even be able to charge them ?

I put a photo below of the batteries I have access to. thank you in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg get-attachment[1].jpg (187.2 KB, 0 views)
Grasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: 6 6V to 3 12V help

Run time would likely stink horribly, you might have to modify the battery trays, and most likely the charge profile of those batteries and your stock charger would not match up. The most important investment you can make on an electric cart is a good set of batteries and proper maintenance of them.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your picture is of a SBS 100 12v battery. It is a 100Ah battery. With 3 of them in series you would have a 36v, 100Ah pack. Your cart came with 36v, 225Ah pack so run time would be a bit less then half. You could use your current charger without issue.

I built several carts with SBS 30 batteries but I had to use many batteries to equal a standard golf cart pack. There are several advantage of those batteries, such as maintenance free and can be mounted in any position except upside down.

Link to one of my recent SBS battery carts:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...golf-cart.html
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:28 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Agree with everything said above, except for AH rating. Very minor correction.
The 100AH rating on the battery label is at the 10 hour rate while we typically rate golf cart batteries at the 20 Hour rate. So the AH rating at the 20 hour rate would be about 108AH, a difference hardly worth the effort to calculate.

Also, in addition to dismal run-time, cart performance would be poor and battery life expectancy would be short.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:51 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If he were to use six in series and parallel, wouldn't he have similar run times? I'm assuming these are deep cycle batts.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:47 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
If he were to use six in series and parallel, wouldn't he have similar run times? I'm assuming these are deep cycle batts.
He'd have a 216AH 36V battery pack, if it would fit under the seat.

Not sure what application these batteries are designed for. there is a Float charge voltage specified on label, so I would guess a standby power source of some type.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO