lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: putting cart in short bed while pulling camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
I work for a spring-shop,the rear springs in the Gm and Fords are pathetic.
Are you saying that Dodge's are great? 'Cause if that's what your saying it would be the first time anyone in the whole world said anything was great on a Dodge truck.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #12
tjequip
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Are you saying that Dodge's are great? 'Cause if that's what your saying it would be the first time anyone in the whole world said anything was great on a Dodge truck.
Except for a Cummins
tjequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:49 PM   #13
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

No,Dodge actually has a better suspension,and a Cummins(I put a Dodge/Cummins drivetrain in my 89' R3500)(the most common thing we do on Dodge is Leveling-kits for the front-springs,we rarely touch the rears).I'm a Chevy-Guy,and you couldn't give me a Chevy truck made with IFS(88'-up)Chevy stopped building trucks when they went to that sissy-suspension.The Ford has some decent features(mainly interior on the new ones)The Dodge is the nicest package overall,but they still have issues(Dodge and their electrical-nitemares!!).For Towing though,The Dodge is probably the best setup on a new truck,without alterations,Ford next,followed by GM(based on what we see in the shop).Fords' biggest downfall,and the others followed the trend,is engine set-back.They are taking too much weight off the front-end,which kills weight-transfer and balance when towing,especially in short-box configurations in both standard and extended-cab.The front of the engine used to be atleast 6" ahead of the axle,now its on top or behind,except in Cummins applications,and its' still kinda far back even on those.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO