lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
bdmojo
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie Needs Assistance

Hello everyone, a newbie here. My wife came across a golf cart and picked it up. I would like to upgrade it, aka pimp it out, but would like to know if it is possible. I know for sure it is an EZGO 36V Electric. But I do not know what year it is or what model it is. Can someone please help me out? Attached are pics of it. Can anyone help me out as to what year or model it may be? I looked for an ID tag but I could not find one anywhere one it. Is it possible to "hook" this cart up to look great ie, a new shell, tires rims, etc? Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140803_175827.jpg (228.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140803_175839.jpg (233.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140803_175915.jpg (226.1 KB, 0 views)
bdmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2014, 12:22 AM   #2
rlw
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: Southeast Ohio -- "The Toenails of the Foothills of Appalachia"
Default Re: Newbie Needs Assistance

Bdmojo,

Welcome to BGW.

You cart looks to be an EZGO Marathon, built between the years 1975 and 1993. There should be a serial number plate attached to the left side of the passenger foot well, just under the storage tray.

The year can be determined by checking the number on the plate. This webpage can help you narrow it down:
http://www.ddmotorsystems.com/seriesVSregen.htm
Scroll down the page for instructions on identifying your cart - the item says "What year is my EZ-GO?".

Many folks here have modified their carts, and there are a number of site sponsors active here who sell just about anything you'd want to fix up your cart the way you want it. They also provide EXCELLENT advice, for free.

There are some "sticky" threads at the top of this forum that have all kinds of info about these carts. It's also a good idea to scan the forum threads (and use the search tool at the top) for ideas, suggestions, and solutions to problems you might encounter.

Good luck!

RLW
rlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:20 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:24 AM   #4
joe100
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks like a late 70 or early 80's. I have a 77 look's similar you r top is modified.Joe100 you'll find out a lot on this forum lot's of friendly and helpful people here.
joe100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO