lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Trailman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Forward is reverse and reverse is forward

I recently acquired a very nice '81 G2-A. The direction lever is bassackwards. The carts runs great but it goes opposite to the label on the direction handle and the labels under the direction handle. The reverse warning horn comes on and the cart goes in reverse when I set the handle in forward. Is this an easy fix or should I just live with it the way it is?
Trailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Forward is reverse and reverse is forward

Is the shifter handle pointing up or down? It may just be that it was taken off and not installed back correctly.

spriddle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailman View Post
I recently acquired a very nice '81 G2-A. The direction lever is bassackwards. The carts runs great but it goes opposite to the label on the direction handle and the labels under the direction handle. The reverse warning horn comes on and the cart goes in reverse when I set the handle in forward. Is this an easy fix or should I just live with it the way it is?
it sounds like the shifter cables are hooked up backwards.
are you sure thats a G2a? got any pics?
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
Trailman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Spriddle and Dock98 for your replies. First of all I have to correct an error that I made. I must have something around this place that's an '81 but it sure aint my Yamaha. My cart is an '88. Spriddle my handle doesn't go up and down is goes left or right. To the left it's got an "F" on the handle and a decal saying reverse on the panel below the seat. It's the opposite for reverse, the handle has a "R" on the handle and and a forward decal. The handle is to the left for forward and to the right for reverse. I took some pictures but I can't figure out how to post them. I've been trying to post a picture of my cart next to my name like everyone else has done but I can't figure out how to do it. Perhaps I can get my grand-daughter to figure it out and show me.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Make sure your pic is no larger than 800 x 600 and use the paperclip option up top inside the new thread your typing (next to the smilie face). And what I was saying about the shifter handle is they are like a window crank on a vehicle. Some of them you can remove and then place them back on at any location on the notches. Meaning, instead of placing it back with the knob part facing up it would be with the knob part toward the bottom or floor of the cart. This would reverse the F and R as far as the shifter is concerned.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
Trailman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I'm pretty sure that the handle is on correctly. Hope these pictures work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0013.jpg (97.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0010.jpg (68.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0012.jpg (59.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0009.jpg (74.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Yes, it is on correctly. Check your cable connections. They may be reversed at the shifter or on the bracket at the trans/axle.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

my 90, G2A handle points up and forward is left and reverse is right.?maybe the dude forgot he was working on an 88?
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #9
TxJole
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Easy fix, F stands for F*!*#K wrong way and R stands for RIGHT way. Just make a mental note.
TxJole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
:help:
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha