lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #21
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

Default Re: choke question

take the pulse line off the pump and crank the motor over and se if you can hear/feel sucking. if theres vacume there then i would say maybe bad/dirty pump or clogged fuel filter. if no vacume is there then theres another problem.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #22
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabercat View Post
take the pulse line off the pump and crank the motor over and se if you can hear/feel sucking. if theres vacume there then i would say maybe bad/dirty pump or clogged fuel filter. if no vacume is there then theres another problem.
if you have a vacuum gauge, you can use that to see if it is pulling a vacuum, if it is, then as sabercat said.
check the fuel pump, fuel filter and even make sure your fuel line is not blocked..
RICHIE RICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:54 PM   #23
BradG14
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

ok guys, checked the vacuum line from the crank and it has vacuum, the pump also sucks from the fuel tank, but does not pump to the carb, so i have the pump and carb, im gonna clean them in the morning and hopefully i find something clogged in the pump. stay tuned, and thanks for lookin out..
BradG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #24
BradG14
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

got everything cleaned this morning and all put back together, nothing in the pump or carb, all clean. but, while checking the fuel mixture screw, i noticed it was tightend all the way closed, when i put in on the cart i turned it back 1 1/2 turns and noticed it was very easy to turn, and when i revved the motor i noticed the screw from vibration was turning itself back closed. so.. that is now the problem, prolly the problem from the start but ohh well, now how should i stop this and get it to stay where it belongs? thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #25
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The red neck in me says peen a thread on the screw but that isn't good advice because
Your peen may be bigger than mine. LOL
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #26
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Brad, did you screw have a spring on it?
RICHIE RICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #27
BradG14
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

got the spring thanks, after messing with the carb for sometime, i am still in the same position, i cannot get it to run correctly. with no choke, it will run but only if i press the pedal a little, when i floor it down, the cart putts and cuts out until i back off the gas.. i also replaced the o rind in the air box, could the fuel pump be bad?
Old 01-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #28
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

did you double check that the mixture wasn't closeing with the engine running with the spring? might just still be doing it?
another fuel pump test would be too disconnect the fuel lin from the carb and run the engine and see that it flows fuel throough all the rpm ranges.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #29
BradG14
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

the spring fixed the problem of it backing out. if no fuel is coming out of the line going to the carb, then how is it running at all? does the choke pull the fuel from the tank just by the extra vacuum? wish i had a extra pump to test before is sink 50 or 60 on a new one. funds are low lol
Old 01-21-2010, 07:54 AM   #30
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere in the fuel system to me. I haven't read all the posts but my first thought is check the bottom line on the fuel pump going back to the crankcase to make it is not damaged and killing the vacuum to the fuel pump.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha