lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #1
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

Question lift kit install

posted this across the border at the other cart forum, so some may have seen it. figure i'd post it at both places, as i tend to be good at ending threads, so hope someone responds geeked to do my first mod

finally got my lift kit today. had one ordered, and had received it, but when i went to install it, noted they had shipped a 4" for years 01-present. fudge!

anyway, found this particular maker doesn't make a 4" for a 97 Medalist (LA Concepts), so got a 5", instead. Well after fighting rusted bolts, finding I have every socket and/or wrench EXCEPT for the ones I needed, I got everything off the front and put mostly back on. alls i've got left on the front is to hook the tirods back up (which the kit came with longer tirods, so i've got some surgery to do) and put my 22's on.

i don't have any past experience with carts, other than my brother's old 3-wheeled ezgo sparky, but i do like the LA concepts lift

have a question about the tires, though. may seem stupid to you golf cart oldies, but this newbie is not sure how the center caps are going to go on. do they just slide over the hub and grease cap?

(how the f do you spell tirod????)
Thanks!

Bret
Saltysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #2
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: lift kit install

Tie rod
The center cap should go over the hub and thru the inside of the rim. Guess you will have to take tire off to grease or just leave center cap off.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:25 AM   #3
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

TIE rod! YES!

Cool! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't supposed to take the cap off the hubs. Thanks, bro!
Old 03-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

How about some pics?
Seen some of L A Concepts website...Some very cool looking carts. Really liked what they were doing with the "boat seat look". Hooda
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:10 PM   #5
bigred-driver
Gone Wild

Yes some pictures would be great. That way we can help you better!

Jimbo
bigred-driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:32 AM   #6
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. I'm working today, and won't be home until after dark, so I'll wait till i have good light.

Not looking forward to aligning it again. I'll search for tips, as I think someone posted some for bigred.

Thanks fellas!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #7
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

Well, I didn't get around to taking pic's, but I figured it out

It was misting, and I didn't want to get my camera wet. I will take pics, though, and will get a good pic of the lift for ya's.

Next question, though, and this one is for the ez-go experts. What size are the shocks on the front and back of these carts. Mine is a 97 medalist, and my lift doesn't require longer shocks. When putting in the lift, I noticed a couple were pretty shabby, I was able to push them quite easily with my herculean power .

It kinda sounds like automotive shocks might be a little cheaper, eh? In which case, just curious what size to use.

muchous grassyass

bret
Old 03-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #8
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Not sure of size but the automotive shocks will be to stiff, they are designed for a heavier vehicle than cart. JMO
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #9
bigred-driver
Gone Wild

Bret, you might try VW shocks. I've seen a few members use them since a VW is much lighter than most other cars.

Jimbo
bigred-driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Actually I have had some luck with Monroe automotive shocks and found I could collaps them by hand as well. I simply found the old guy at the counter and placing my golf cart shock on the counter, challanged him to match it up with anything....Ya gotta love Napa Auto! Cost was about $25 @.

Even found a shock that would go plus 4 inches for a lift once.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts