lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 36/48 volt logisystems controller DC voltage

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and got what they wanted from Santa. I have a 1995 Medalist. I recently installed a 480 amp Logisystems controller. I upgraded to 48 volts. I have the 4 volt hd solenoid and 48 volts worth of batteries. I was trying to get my key switch to work and I started testing voltage on various things. I only have 36 volts coming through the controller. Does this seem right? I have 48 volts coming from the pack. It seems that I should have 48 volts through the controller.

Also inorder to get my key switch to work I had to use a jumper wire from the + post to thr FR switch micro switch. Is this how I am supposed to wire it. I just tested it this way. I hade to completey rewire the cart becuse it had no wire when I got it. Where is the power supposed to come from for the micro switch on the FR switch.

Also when I tested the cart the rear end was on jackstands and the FR handle was in forward and both tires spum backwards. It goes forward in reverse and vice versa. Should I just swap some wires around or is there another way to do this?

Thanks,
David J.
oletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36/48 volt logisystems controller DC voltage

I answered this in the PM but for everybody else's benefit he has the cables reversed at the 9 and 3 o'clock position on the F&R. The power for the micros comes from the 3 o'clock terminal and don't worry about weird voltage readings ~ No telling where the test leads were or what the throttle in put was ~ just get her running and take it from there...Download the manual from the stickies as it has all the wiring diagrams in it....Stay warm. let us know how this works out
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scotty, I believe in letting everyone learn from my mistakes/misunderstandings. I appreciate your help as well as everyone elses on here. I was not sure if I could just swap those wires around. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to harm anything by doing so. I did a test run on the cart, but need to make those couple of changes. At least nothing fried when I powered everything up. That a huge plus. Thanks again to Scotty and the rest of the BGW crew.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It takes a smart man to learn from his mistakes.... It takes a genius to learn from somebody else's mistake
Old 12-27-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok Scotty, and whoever else has any input. I reversed the cables at 9 and 3 "o" clock postions on F/R switch. I also made my jumper from the 3 "o" clock position to the micro switch inorder to bring power to the key switch. Everything works properly now.

The voltage reading was 37.1 on the controller B+ and B-. I was just under the impression that it should be 48+ volts since I am running a 48 volt system.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Your cart should be wired like my cable install diagram... You should see 48v between B+ and M-
Controller output test: Hook the red probe to the B+ on the controller and the black probe to the M- on the controller. As you depress the pedal, you should read voltage across those 2 terminals of the controller.

Check the power output from the controller by connecting the negative probe to the controller's M terminal and positive to the B+ terminal. Press the accelerator and watch to see if the voltage increases. It should increase from a reading of 0 to the full voltage of the battery. If the motor is not turning, the problem may be in the directional switch or motor.

Carts Unlimited Cable Diagram
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AXE Series Cable install diagram.jpg (82.5 KB, 68 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO