lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: pds torque problem

The PDS is a sepex (seperately excited) motor ... the most damaging thing you can do to a sepex motor aside from over revving and granading them, is to stall them; such as holding the gas down while the cart is up against a curb... this will cause excessive heat in the motor which will eventually kill the motor and possibly the controller.
My first thought is can you put a 1 inch pipe in front of the 2 inch curb? Can you get a run at the curb to help bounce or roll over it?
My second thought is get a bigger controller pkg including heavy cables to deliver the amperage needed to jump a curb.
Third have you read and followed the proper battery break-in procedures? New batteries are only 75% of potential until properly ....broken in.

Hope this begins to help
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #12
jaslar12002
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The PDS is a sepex (seperately excited) motor ... the most damaging thing you can do to a sepex motor aside from over revving and granading them, is to stall them; such as holding the gas down while the cart is up against a curb... this will cause excessive heat in the motor which will eventually kill the motor and possibly the controller.
My first thought is can you put a 1 inch pipe in front of the 2 inch curb? Can you get a run at the curb to help bounce or roll over it?
My second thought is get a bigger controller pkg including heavy cables to deliver the amperage needed to jump a curb.
Third have you read and followed the proper battery break-in procedures? New batteries are only 75% of potential until properly ....broken in.

Hope this begins to help
I was not getting on my trailer it was a frind of mine. It did not get stuck on the intial step up it stalled on the inclide which was very moderate. And the batteries are not brand new they came out of a 2009 model txt with only 30 hours.
jaslar12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #13
jaslar12002
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have another project cart that I am planing on doing next with very extensive upgrades but this will just be a golf course cart so I do not want to spend a lot of money and put high end upgrades I'm just frustrated that a stock cart is not performing like a stock cart should.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Check battery condition... then cables and connections. Compromised cables can hurt performance in torque situations.... also the PDS cart may be fitted with a speed chip which would minimize torque.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #15
jaslar12002
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Check battery condition... then cables and connections. Compromised cables can hurt performance in torque situations.... also the PDS cart may be fitted with a speed chip which would minimize torque.
is that the 4 hole port on the stock controller? cause it does have that freedom chip.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes, that will cause the torque to be minimized and the speed maximized... get the yellow moderate hill chip for a good compromise.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO