lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 36v to 48v Conversion

Since I fried my Alltrax last week I got to thinking now is the time to upgrade to 48V. I'm going to order a new DCX400 controller this week and I have plenty of welding Cable for the extra cables. Is the DCX400 PDS good for 36 or 48?

What else do I need other than a 48v Solenoid?

I know I should get a 48v charger, but due to the $$'s I'll have to work with a separate 12v charger for a while. Are these chargers any good?

http://www.dpipower.com/store/index....d&productId=12

Looks like you can get it from EV Drives for $252
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v to 48v Conversion

I got the 48v charger from EVDrives. I sold my 36v charger for 140.00 plus shipping so I only had to add about 100.00 between the two. It's working well so far. That DCX400 controller is good for 48 volts and decide whether you want to go with 6 -8v batteries or 8 - 6v.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
dougmcp
Gone Wild

The DCX400 should be good for 36v or 48v, check the tag to confirm.
If you are changing your batteries to 6x8v you will need the 48v charger immediately. The DPI charger is a good one.
You can use your 36v solenoid and short wire it to 36v or 40v depending on your battery pack, mine's been like that for 13 years.
If you are running 12v accessories from 2x6v batteries and are switching to 8v batteries you will need to find a different way to power them.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm just going to add 2 more 6 volt batteries. my Trojans are all still in the 6.38 to 6.39 range, not buying until I have to.

I'm gonna do my best to find a couple laying around somewhere
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO