lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
smuponies
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Slow 2000 EZGO TXT

Hi,

I bought an EZ Go 2000 TXT about one year ago. All worked good but slow up hills. About half the speed of any other cart I've ever played in. It almost came to a crawl on steep hills, but always made it. :-)

In an effort to make it faster, I recently had new batteries and cables installed. Guess what...no change. It still barely makes it up hills.

I'm clueless when it comes to cart repair, so bear with me if this is a dumb question. Does anyone have any ideas for what I can do to improve performance and speed in this model of a cart?

Thank you all very much for the help and Happy New Year!
smuponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Slow 2000 EZGO TXT

Bear in mind that new batteries are about 75% of their full potential when new. They need to be cycled 10,20, some say 50 times before they reach full power.
Follow proper break-in procedures found on this site or mine.
That being said; some drive systems and some carts are just slower than others. Make sure the cart rolls easily and you can push it on a flat hard surface with one hand. If not the brakes may be dragging or other such resistance exists.

Upgrading the speed control properly is the best cure for what you describe....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
smuponies
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you. Very helpful to know about the batteries needing to be cycled a few more times. I'm probaby only around 10 right now, so I will give it some time.

If I do end up getting a new speed controller, can you tell me a good one for my model of cart. It is just the plane 2000 Electric EZ GO TXT with the Forward/Reverse lever under your legs. Just 6 batteries...pretty standard setup.

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There are a lot of controllers available ~ programmable and non-programmable of varying size. There is no set answer; it depends upon how your cart is set up and what loads it carries on what terrain & in what footing you use it. Some people buy 2 big or 2 small or try to save money in the wrong places so they can buy even bigger tires

Tell us a little about your cart and your usage .....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
smuponies
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I just use it to play golf. So, it only travels on sidewalks, golf paths and the like. It has regular golf course/golf cart wheels and tires.

I believe my cart is 36V setup. That is standard, for a golf cart, right? I know there are 6 batteries in there, just like the carts they have at the golf courses.

Does that help at all? Right now when I go up a decent hill I'd say it runs 3 to 5 mph. I'd be thrilled with somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 or 15mph.

I'm not sure what programmable vs. non-programmable means, but anything I can do to power this baby up would be fantastic!

Thanks for your help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO