lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #11
wizardket
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help me find the problem please:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes, you will have pack voltage at the key switch.
Note that the switch only has pack voltage when the F&R is NOT in neutral. It gets power from the micro switch engaging at the F&R.
wizardket is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #12
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

Thanks, I would have missed that for sure.
turkeyshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #13
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

Hey Scotty B,

It does have 36.5 volts at the charger port on the white & black wires coming out the back of the port. There is a little red wire that ties back into the white wire bolt/nut, and it has a small white wire coming out that same spot that is not connected to anything, but has not been connected for awhile to anything. Where to go from here. Attached is a photo of the controller. Thanks, Fred By the way the silver band on the diode hidden from the resistor is facing to the right / positive side and connected to the small nut.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hpim1949.jpg (63.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg hpim1950.jpg (55.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 02-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #14
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

See if these pics help any.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #15
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

That bright red wire in the bottom right of the 2nd picture coming off that solenoid is just a jumper I got in there temporarily to test & make sure every thing was working except the switch.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #16
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Turkeyshooter,
First, did you try the diagnostics sticky that Scotty posted at the beginning of the forum?
Also, could you just give a recap of the stuff you’ve done to try to eliminate the problem?
Superman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #17
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just installed (today) a Logisystem controller, HD solenoid. If the connections are the same on the Alltrax and Logisystem, then one of has the solenoid backwards.

Looking at my solenoid with the bubble on top, my B+ and RED wires(positive) are on the left side. The right side has the black wires(negative) and my diode is opposite yours.

I checked and double checked mine with my old setup and the directions Scottyb send me.
I have not installed the batteries yet, so I'm not sure if mine is correct or not.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #18
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

I am working on tracing those wires now according to the diagram ScottyB posted. I basically just wired everything just as the original was wired. Then I was told I had to switch the small wires on the controller to Red, black, white & orange. Positions 1,2,3,&4. That was different then on the original controller. I have not touched the original wiring to the key switch area or charger port. I called Alltrax and they told me to check it by jumping a wire from the positive battery terminal to the positive side of the diode at the solenoid connection. First he had me get the wheels off the ground for safety sake. Then once I connected that jumper, I had power to controller and when I stepped on the pedal I had wheels turning. It is simply by passing the on/off key switch. So I guess I could run a new wire from the battery through the on/off switch & then directly to the right side of the solenoid at the diode connection. The Alltrax tech said to be sure the silver band on the diode was facing to the right (positive side) of the solenoid. So that is what I got so far. What do you think about running a new wire from positive battery through the switch and to the positive diode side? That should do it shouldn't it? Note: I have also not touched any wires that connect to the reverse switch on the reverse switch end.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hello, guys. Just to clarify, this can never be said often enough for everybody to hear it :

The solenoids used in these carts are not polarity sensitive. The diode is polarity sensitive and so which ever way you install the diode determines the polarity of the activation circuit(2 small posts on the solenoid)

That being said it soulnds to me that Alltrax techs have helped you determine that the controller is cabled correctly and the drive system works. Your problem lies in the solenoid activation circuit. Remember the little wire at the Charger plug. Connect your positive jumper wire to the cart end of that wire and see if she runs? My guess is she will.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #20
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Hello, guys. Just to clarify, this can never be said often enough for everybody to hear it :

The solenoids used in these carts are not polarity sensitive. The diode is polarity sensitive and so which ever way you install the diode determines the polarity of the activation circuit(2 small posts on the solenoid)
Thanks, Scotty. The good news is we are both correct
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO